Director of Group Sales
Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Posted on: November 18, 2023
The Director of Group Sales has direct oversight of group sales
operations for a Full-Service hotel. This role has the
responsibility to achieve optimal occupancy and ADR growth to
maximize total revenue while meeting/exceeding hotel profit
objectives. This individual will oversee operations of the hotel
group sales. Additional responsibilities include assisting with
sales and marketing budget, forecast, advertising, marketing and
business plans and -manages within approved plans and budgets. This
position will report to the Director of Sales and Marketing. -It is
a bonus eligible position.
Joining The Charles Hotel surrounds you with entrepreneurial,
like-minded peers an independent hotel has to offer. -As an
employee of The Charles Hotel, you will benefit from:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance starting from $1.16*
- Access to 401(k) and company match
- Eight annual paid holidays with an extra personal day
- Travel benefits across multiple brands
- Complimentary daily meal
- $5 discounted daily parking
- $1000 referral bonus -
*Rate is subject to change.
- At least 2 years of progressive hotel sales experience
preferred; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of
related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 2 years
of related experience.
- Must possess highly developed verbal & written communication
skills to frequently negotiate, convince, sell and influence other
managerial personnel, hotel guest(s) and/or corporate
- Must have thorough experience with professional selling skills:
opening, probing, supporting, closing.
- Shows strong analytical skills and strategic vision in
establishing appropriate sales deployment.
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge especially
Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage
- Strong organization and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and manage people
of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic
backgrounds while solving complex problems and creating a
productive sales team.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices
within the sales/marketing/hospitality profession.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Primary duties must consist of administrative, executive, or
professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time and job duties
must also involve the use of discretion and independent judgement
more than 50 percent of the time.
- Coordinate all group sales solicitations and bookings to
maximize overall revenue.
- Assist to develop, recommend, implement and manage the
division's annual budget and the advertising, public relations
marketing and sales plans and programs for the hotel to maximize
rate, occupancy and food & beverage opportunities thus ensuring the
hotel meets/exceeds management and owner revenue/profit goals and
- Proactively conduct outside sales calls, conduct sales tours
and entertain clients.
- Understand the content reflected in contracts and how to
negotiate terms therein.
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to
predict revenue opportunities and set proactive
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends
within your market.
- Adheres to The Charles Hotel's established regulations, company
standards, sales standards and sales metrics related.
- Train all members of the hotel staff on how to recognize and
capitalize on all sales opportunities to increase hotel occupancy
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations and policies
of the hotel, including Sales, Food and Beverage, Front Office and
- Maintain strong visibility in local community and industry
- Attend and/or conduct daily/weekly/monthly meetings and any
other functions required by management, providing training on a
- Maintains professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication relationships to achieve initiatives with
respective marketing partner(s) and other internal
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
The Charles Hotel experience reflects the eclecticism that is
Cambridge. An urban oasis, The Charles offers something for
everyone who is visiting the Boston area. Guests can soak in their
academic surrounding by attending a lecture at Harvard, relax with
a stroll along the Charles River, explore downtown Boston or dine
at some of the Boston and Cambridge area's finest restaurants,
including The Charles' own Henrietta's Table.
The Charles is an independent property, offering luxurious
accommodations and all the comforts of home. Guest rooms combine
New England d--cor with the latest technology. 18,000 square feet
of indoor and outdoor banquet space merge to offer an array of
options for anyone's next event.
Located just minutes from downtown Boston and a variety of
world-class attractions, The Charles is a AAA Four Diamond Hotel
and a proud member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing
portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and 22
countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels,
destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the
globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving
exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is
inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time
positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Cambridge , Director of Group Sales, Sales , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!