Sales Account Executive
Company: Upper Lakes Foods, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: !Position eligible
for a $1000 sign on bonus! SUMMARY: The Sales Account Executive is
responsible for promoting products and services by building
relationships with new and existing accounts. This position often
requires working non-traditional hours (evening, weekends, and
holidays) to successfully meet customers' needs. The territory for
this position is located in NE Minnesota Iron Range and includes
Warroad, Roseau, Thief River Falls and Baudette. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Building relationships with current and prospective
- Research customer's business needs and develop a mix of
products and service to meet needs.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices,
availability, and product uses. Provide product information and
practical training to customer personnel.
- Demonstrate use of products (i.e. cooking and sampling products
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary,
working with the credit department and client; collect all balances
due based on approved credit terms.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the
transportation department; troubleshoot (for example, out of stock
items, special order items, low inventory, etc.).
- Participate in company functions, food shows, promotions,
customer visits, and customer events. Attend and participate in
general sales and district meetings.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as
special-order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit
- Utilization of financial support software, such as Track Max
- Profitable pricing of customers through margin evaluation of
Price Contract process
- Maximizes customer drop size through aggressive account
- Quarterly business reviews conducted with customers
participating in Customer Loyalty Programs or Customer
- Driven focus on enhancing relationship with our supplier and
brokerage partners for product lines by identifying new product
opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within
the department, the company, and the community; and maintains the
professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the
satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of
himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a
significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or
reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as
contained herein between the assigned start and end times for
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: Education
- Minimum high school diploma, General Education Development
(GED), or equivalent Experience
- 2 years of sales, and/or chef/restaurant management experience,
and/or related (Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or
Culinary Arts) degree
- Demonstrate aptitude of selling on value propositions, not
price Certification, Licenses, Registrations
- Must possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record,
per Upper Lakes Foods, Inc's company vehicle policy. PREFERRED
- Knowledge and proficiency of the following systems: Microsoft
Office programs, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook, as well as
- Ability to operate basic office equipment, i.e., copy machine
- Ability to be flexible, to be fair, and to function under
- Great organizational and multi-tasking skills, along with the
ability to solve problems.
- Must be able to complete a project from beginning to end.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. BENEFIT
PACKAGE: Optional Relocation expenses for the right candidate
- Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401K w/ Match
- Vacation and PTO
- Holiday Pay ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS: Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is
the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota.
The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN,
Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. We specialize in serving
foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted
living facilities, schools, and national and regional chain
accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the
mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier,
and community we serve by bringing the best, the best products,
best people, and best ideas. CORE VALUES:
- Strong Work Ethic- We believe in the value of hard work,
perseverance, and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude- We believe in encouraging a flexible,
agreeable, and well-adjusted work existence that promotes
- Integrity- We believe in honesty, truthfulness, and consistency
of our actions.
- Teamwork- We believe that work done by several individuals
combined insures excellence of quality, safety, and service.
- Professional Appearance- We believe in maintaining an
appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness, and appropriate
- Respectful Interaction- We believe in creating a workplace
where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive
environment. "We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
or national origin."
Keywords: Upper Lakes Foods, Inc., Cambridge , Sales Account Executive, Sales , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!