Manager, Global Clinical Supply Chain Planning
Posted on: November 20, 2023
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D
organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative
therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four
therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the
boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing
therapies to patients worldwide.
- Under the direction of the Planning Team Lead, as the Manager,
Planning Lead you are responsible for Clinical Supply delivery in
support of Takeda's R&D Global Clinical Trials and other
supportive research or development needs.
- Responsible for developing end to end supply plan for
innovative medicines in clinical development. The Manager, Planning
Lead will attend clinical project meetings to gather relevant
information, translating clinical trial protocol information into a
study supply plan, forecast study product requirements, interacting
and negotiation with key project stakeholders to provide delivery
timelines and budget.
- Maintains enterprise view of clinical supply chain connecting
CMC, clinical operations, and commercial manufacturing perspectives
across the development portfolio.
- Responsible for scenario planning, clinical supply
recommendations, and risk mitigation through detailed insight of
supply and demand issues for assigned clinical programs.
- The Manager, Planning Lead will be a primary Interface between
clinical supply stakeholders, including Clinical Operations,
Pharmaceutical Sciences (PS), GMS, Clinical Supplies operations and
- Provides input into Interactive Response Technology (IRT)
design for randomization, supplying drug to depots and sites.
- Interfaces with Pharmaceutical Sciences group to ensure that
trial supplies are appropriately supported and that appropriate
stability programs are in-progress, and/or appropriate expiry
- Works closely with Logistics function to pro-actively plan,
document, and facilitate global cross-border supply strategies,
including requirements associated with controlled substances,
compliance to global trade standards, and in-country
investigational product regulatory requirements for delivery of
product to final destinations.
- Develop Operational Supply Plans for portfolio of development
products both internal and acquired through external partnerships.
Oversee forecast planning and inventory management of all relevant
investigational medicines and comparators for portfolio, leading in
matrix of SMEs spanning Takeda supply chain, Takeda pharmaceutical
sciences organizations and external partners.
- Lead operational feasibility assessment, scenario analysis and
risk mitigation for new clinical protocols, representing the
clinical supply chain to global PS teams and global program
- Develop and maintain detailed clinical supply models for
complex supply scenarios which provides a study baseline against
which to monitor assumptions and inventories of finished goods in
ongoing clinical trials.
- Lead establishment of enterprise approach to supply/demand
modelling, risk identification, and scenario planning for clinical
supply chain, lead cross functional planning teams to respond to
unplanned events. Develop supply options, facilitate decision
making, and communicate updated manufacturing and supply plans to
all impacted stakeholders.
- Responsible for execution of Operational Supply Plan throughout
development lifecycle, identifying leading indicators of supply
risk and escalating through PS Lead and GPL to course correct.
- Liaise among Clinical Operations, Pharmaceutical Sciences, and
Procurement disciplines in planning and managing appropriate levels
of CTM and comparator supply in partnership with internal and
- Utilizes the ClinApps Clinical Supplies Management Database
(CSMD) for clinical labeling approval, to request
packaging/labeling/distribution jobs, to manage inventory,
shipments, and drug return activities.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Degree in Engineering, Management, Pharmacy or other
scientific/technical degree, or significant job-related
- 4+ years relevant Pharmaceutical Industry and/or Contract
Provider experience, 2-year Post-PharmD Fellowship experience in,
or MBA is preferred.
- Experience with Medical Devices a plus.
- Strong understanding of cGMP requirements
- Proficiency in computer software applicable to IRT, Excel and
MS Project or equivalent project management software is a plus
- Ability to influence stakeholders from many technical
disciplines and at many levels.
- Ability to apply multiple lenses to analyze and represent
complex interdependencies, scenarios, and tradeoffs.
- Base Salary Range: $105,000 to $150,000 Range . Employees may
also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits.
Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision,
Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays,
Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid
Volunteer Time Off.
- The final salary offered for this position may take into
account a number of factors including, but not limited to,
location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
USA - MA - Cambridge
Keywords: Takeda, Cambridge , Manager, Global Clinical Supply Chain Planning, Professions , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!