Plumber I / Journey
Company: City of Cambridge
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Position Title: Plumber I / Journey
Division: Public Works
Rate: $26.12 - $34.43
Application Requested: 7/14/23
Posting Date: 5/9/23
Civil Service Type: Labor Service
Number of Hours Per Week: 40
Job Code: C715 (ID )
Sequence #: 001, 002
Union Affiliation: Teamsters Local 25
Description: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general supervision:
- Installs, removes, and maintains plumbing systems including
piping fixtures, fixed appliances, ventilation systems, drainage,
sanitary fixtures and heating systems; maintains necessary working
permits and records; orders necessary materials and supplies.
- Confers with supervisors and department personnel to determine
scheduling and time to complete a project, the work to be
accomplished; plans and schedules repairs.
- Repairs hot water tanks and systems to ensure that proper
construction, regulation, and safety requirements are met;
ascertains sufficient tank pressure and efficiency; checks valves,
gauges and shut offs to ensure parts are in proper working
- Engages in the installation of assigned building drainage
connections to sewerage systems by following local regulations and
- Selects appropriate materials to be used for jobs and estimates
costs incurred; reads and interprets blueprints and shop
- Responds to emergency calls and takes appropriate action.
- Repairs water pipes and makes necessary connections; maintains
plumbing systems; repairs and replaces defective and leaky water
- Repairs and replaces valves, faucets, sinks, bubblers, tanks,
- Replaces gaskets, washers; opens clogged drains; attaches pipe
assemblies to walls.
- Assembles, bolts, or solders valves, coupling, pipe sections
and other parts.
- Connects plumbing fixtures to outlets and seals
- Performs other manual duties related to the plumbing trade.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicant must have two years of experience as a plumber and
possess a current and valid Journeyman or Master Plumber's License
issued through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Division of
Registration by the Board of State Examiners of Plumbers and Gas
Fitters at the time of application.
- Competitive Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Vacation and Sick Leave Eligible
- Sick Incentive Pay Eligible
- 3 Personal Days
- 14 Paid Holidays PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work involves bending,
crawling, kneeling, reaching, twisting, lifting, pulling, and
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Inside buildings and/or basements. Some work may
occur in confined spaces requiring portable lighting.
Please upload the following documents to complete your application.
THE CITY OF CAMBRIDGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR,
SEX, RELIGION, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER
PROTECTED CATEGORY. WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS, MEMBERS OF THE
LGBTQ+ COMMUNITY, AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO
APPLY. CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO
APPLY. AUXILIARY AIDS AND SERVICES, WRITTEN MATERIALS IN
ALTERNATIVE FORMATS, AND REASONABLE MODIFICATIONS IN POLICIES AND
PROCEDURES WILL BE PROVIDED TO QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS WITH
DISABILITIES FREE OF CHARGE, UPON REQUEST. THE CITY IS COMMITTED TO
ADVANCING A WORKFORCE CULTURE OF ANTIRACISM, DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND
Keywords: City of Cambridge, Cambridge , Plumber I / Journey, Professions , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!