Comparative Medicines Technician
Company: Planet Pharma
Posted on: November 26, 2022
- Review, comprehend and comply with all SOPs and quality
assurance standards pertaining to laboratory animals and
- Monitor daily animal health and welfare while performing daily
animal health observations.
- Perform animal husbandry duties to maintain quality and health
of research animals, to include perform daily water bottle; provide
appropriate food and water; perform cage changing and/or cage
cleaning as required; record animal health concerns per SOP and/or
- Follow all procedures necessary to maintain animal housing
areas, procedure rooms, and storage areas including restocking of
supplies, cleaning schedules, monthly tasks, etc.
- Perform daily cage wash duties and sanitation.
- Maintain accurate records of animal health and breeding.
- Receive, inspect, and put away incoming animals.
- Operate equipment and use supplies according to safety
guidelines; perform general housekeeping and adheres to safety
- Maintain required attendance level and adherence to work
schedule in accordance with required staffing levels to ensure that
assigned duties are completed.
- Assist with resupplying consumables and autoclaving
- Lab recyclables and trash, lab cleaning, equipment moves
- Provide administrative support as needed Perform other duties
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; use hands to handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee
frequently works near moving mechanical parts; is exposed to
laboratory animals and caging of mice and rats is occasionally
exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals,
- Proficiency with basic animal identification methods.
- Ability to effectively follow verbal and written instructions
and exhibit interpersonal skills that are conducive to effective
communication and that contribute to a congenial work
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating
in a professional manner with coworkers, research staff, and
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Education: Education: High school diploma, General Education Degree
(G.E.D.) or equivalent required. AALAS Certification of ALAT is
Keywords: Planet Pharma, Cambridge , Comparative Medicines Technician, Professions , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!