Company: Forrester Research
Posted on: May 14, 2022
About This Role:
Senior Analysts conduct innovative research and deliver advice
through written reports, consulting, client inquiries, guidance and
advisory sessions, and speeches. This Senior Analyst will be part
of Forrester's global financial services research team, which
conducts research into technologies that deliver product and
business model innovation to banks, insurance companies, and wealth
We are looking for an individual who has expertise in digital
transformation, digital delivery models (B2C and B2B2C), and
emerging technologies that advance our financial services clients'
understanding of risk and opportunities in an ever-complex
marketplace. Candidates will need a strong interest in and
understanding of the business and technology issues facing
financial services companies, including insurance and reinsurance
firms today. Candidates must possess a passion for conducting and
writing research on these topics with curiosity, technology acumen,
business practicality, and prescriptive advice. They must also have
the confidence and ability to present to and advise senior
executives on these topics.
- Develop a deep understanding of the top challenges financial
services companies, including insurers and re-insurers, face across
their value chain and the types of research assets that help them
tackle these challenges.
- Partner with Forrester's lead digital business analysts to help
define the future of digital delivery and services models for
financial services companies, including insurance companies, their
brokers, and their ecosystem partners.
- Conduct primary and secondary research, including by planning
and conducting interviews of financial services company executives
and other industry leaders, fielding online surveys, and analyzing
Forrester and third-party data.
- Carry out research into key aspects of the responsibilities of
digital business professionals in financial services, including
technology strategies, trends, and best practices on how to apply
these technologies to drive business outcomes.
- Write several long and short research documents that convey new
ideas. These reports typically: 1) introduce new thinking about
successful strategies and best practices; 2) present strategic
maturity assessments and improvement roadmaps; 3) compare new
technologies or services and their potential to help clients solve
their business challenges (e.g., via a Forrester Wave--- and/or
Digital Experience Review--- evaluations); or 4) identify best
practices that clients can leverage.
- Collaborate with the wider research team as well as experts in
different focus areas from across Forrester's services and
geographic teams to develop a complete context for these trends,
both providing input to their research and writing reports
incorporating their expertise to provide a view of the big
- Support consulting engagements as a subject-matter expert to
apply Forrester's research in the context of clients' specific
business environments and help solve their problems through
inquiry, guidance sessions, advisory, and project
- Present at Forrester-sponsored and industry events and deliver
- Establish an industry presence as an influential speaker and
thinker; build relationships with senior digital business
professionals as well as with the technology vendors that serve
them and the journalists who cover the area; and participate in
vendor briefings and field press inquiries as necessary.
- Support team members in research collaboration, idea
development, and strategic thinking.
- Embrace social tools and build a market presence via social
- Support sales in client development discussions.
- A strong record of academic achievement: BA or BS as a
- A minimum of five to seven years of experience in an advanced
analytics role on the client, technology provider, or consulting
- Proven experience and deep understanding of the financial
services sector, including expertise in the insurance
- Deep technical knowledge of the digital business technologies
and practices, including emerging technologies and competitors.
Working knowledge of the capital markets and their influence on the
financial services sector generally and the insurance industry
- Deep intellectual curiosity about the effect of technology on
the business landscape; solid business instincts and a practical
understanding of what makes companies tick; and a creative view of
markets, technologies, and attitudes combined with a fascination
with the future.
- Superior listening, critical thinking, and writing skills, as
well as memorable presentation skills.
- A profound spirit of team collaboration. We work as an
integrated team that supports all team members.
- The ability to take complex, disparate ideas (the big answers
almost never come from one source) and distill them into simple,
provocative concepts. Willingness to take a stand on technologies,
vendors, and outcomes.
- The ability to travel 30% of the time (post-pandemic).
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all
qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status,
genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other
status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals
with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to
Keywords: Forrester Research, Cambridge , Senior Analyst, Professions , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!