Senior Analyst, User Experience & Design
Company: Forrester Research
Posted on: May 11, 2022
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients,
colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity
powers progress. Forresterites brings a diversity of opinions and
the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and
initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted
advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at
the nexus of what's next. About This Role: With outstanding
cross-disciplinary expertise in human-centered design, Forrester's
Senior Analyst advises our clients about design that drives
customer loyalty and advocates for digital accessibility and
inclusive design. This role is part of a team covering a range of
topics but is especially focused on:
- Design practices.
- Spending and adoption of design and design software.
- Design workflow technologies.
- Design to make work better (using Forrester's decades of tech
analysis to support).
- The intersection of design, AI, and data science.
- Coercive and deceptive design patterns (sometimes called dark
- Evaluation of apps and websites in partnership with
researchers. In this role you will lead Forrester's Design
Experiences That Drive Loyalty priority. This means influence over
design and design-related content at Forrester across numerous
client-facing services. You'll also evangelize design internally at
Forrester and to Forrester's clients and are a passionate advocate
for digital accessibility and inclusive design. The Senior Analyst
helps clients identify challenges and gain insights from
professionals at firms facing or have faced similar challenges
through interviews and speeches at industry events as well as
develops and authors research reports that provide solutions and
best practices to overcome them. Job Description:
- Develop a deep understanding of our clients and the key
challenges they face, especially in digital business.
- Conduct primary research and synthesize data on topics,
including designing excellent inclusive interactions, selecting and
working with a design services partner, using design workflow and
design collaboration tools, applying rigorous design thinking to
service creation, and how (and why) brands should avoid using
overly coercive design.
- Help clients anticipate design evolution over the next five
years and capitalize on these expected changes.
- Write an ongoing stream of in-depth research pieces, as well as
shorter, more tactical, pieces, addressing top issues for our
- Develop frameworks and tools that clients can use to put into
practice our research findings.
- Respond to inquiries from Forrester clients via email or
scheduled telephone or video calls.
- Advise and consult clients by applying Forrester's syndicated
research on human-centered design topics to the specific issues
facing their organizations.
- Present at Forrester-sponsored and industry-related events and
deliver webinars to and for clients.
- Develop a strong online/social media presence.
- Provide business development support via telephone and
face-to-face meetings with Forrester prospects (set up and led by
Forrester's sales teams). Job Requirements:
- A strong academic record; a BA or BS degree at minimum.
- At least five to 10 years' practical and consulting experience
in UX and design or any related field.
- Experience with design challenges.
- Success in analyzing corporate strategies.
- Superior analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
- The ability to travel 20% to 30% of the time (dependent on the
state of the world). Explore #ForresterLife on: YouTube Twitter
Facebook Instagram LinkedIn FLSA Status: Exempt Forrester Research,
Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is
committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified
individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity and expression, marital status, genetic information,
military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by
applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities,
and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Forrester Research, Cambridge , Senior Analyst, User Experience & Design, Professions , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!