Digital Product Director (Supply Chain and Manufacturing)
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Welcome > Jobs > Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
> Digital Product Director (Supply Chain and Manufacturing)
Digital Product Director (Supply Chain and Manufacturing)
Department: Digital Enterprise Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts,
United States About Us An idea conceived in a University of
Cambridgelaboratory in 1998, --- Abcam plc --- (www.abcamplc.com)
--- beganlife as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up,
spearheaded by like-mindedindividuals who shared a common purpose
of providing the scientific communitywith quality antibody
reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-dateinformation about
their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become aleading
supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst
alwaysmaintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its
inception. Abcam now supports life science researchers intheir
quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately
offerimprovements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this ---
outcome, --- thecompany --- bothdevelops and manufactures its own
products in specialist facilities across theglobe, --- and ---
sources --- fromover 400 partners, offering scientists the newest,
most innovative and highestquality research tools available
globally, regardless of source. With acustomer base of research
scientists who require high performance products withdetailed
technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use
Abcamproducts. About the role: The Principal Digital Product
Manager (Supply Chain & Manufacturing) is responsible for the
development and deliveryof a critical part of our digital product
landscape, ensuring product qualityand alignment with our overall
product vision & strategy. You will be accountable for thefull
Supply Chain, Manufacturing (including Logistics) product set of
strategicvalue and oversee multi-disciplinary teams organised
around that strategy. Youwill have full accountability for the
value the product(s)delivers insupport of Abcam's vision and
mission, leadership of all aspects of its life-cyclefrom inception
to replacement, and responsibility for all aspects of its success.
You will be positioned withinAbcam Digital, with a solid reporting
line into the Digital Enterprise Domainwithin the relevant
Function. Other key responsibilities include:
- Build strongrelationships andengage frequently with internal
and external stakeholders, to buildsponsorship, advocate adoption
and deliver change - as well as manage theexpectations of the SCM
and Manufacturing leadership.
- Formulate and drive the vision foryour product / product area,
using business insight and product discoverytechniques.
- Lead one or more multi-disciplinaryteams in the development and
delivery of the digital products.
- Lead the analysis, design, implementation,operation and
evolution of the Digital Product(s) to ensure the products
aremanaged to the agreed time, costs and quality, and maximum
business value isextracted.
- Ensure the Digital Products are fullyadopted and manage the
business change lifecycle, including communication,awareness and
- Use qualitative and quantitativemethods to understand and
measure areas of opportunity, progress against goals,and the
success of Digital Products.
- Manage the in-life operation of thedigital products and ensure
root cause analysis of tickets are fed back intothe product
- Manage the demand management,prioritisation, investment case
andbudget approval process for the Digital Product(s).
- Direct the necessary capabilities and resources to
achievesuccess of the Digital Product(s) through its life-cycle -
including within theDomain, across Abcam Digital and with external
- Collaborate withcross-functional teams within Abcam Digital as
well as in other parts of Abcam.
- Evangelise, implement and embed agile methodology in Abcam
- Provide coachingand support topromote good product practice,
promote effective ways of working and the AbcamDigital revolution
as a whole. About you
- Relevant experience in the end to end SupplyChain and
Manufacturing processes in a world class organisation, in
particular ina scaling company and integrating companies
- Demonstrated experience and success inhelping managers align
planning and business strategy
- Proven track record of managingproduct(s) with tangible
- Line managing of teams and developinga world class team, with
effective leadership skills, including leading andorganizing
resources outside direct line control.
- Understanding of agile methodologiesand practical experience of
delivering products using agile approaches. Able tohelp teams
select appropriate practices.
- Understanding of the product lifecycleand capable of defining
and adapting the team to deliver at each stage.
- Practical experience of productmanagement tools and techniques,
from roadmap, backlog and release planning toprioritisation tools
- Experienced in using product discoverytechniques and ensuring
products are customer-focused, as demonstrated throughuse and
interpretation of customer insight to drive strategic
- Working knowledge of the Digitalmarketplace, trends in
technology and available applications. Knowledge of theDigital
Products within the remit of the Domain and proven track record
inmanagement Digital Products. Inclusion & Diversity-- Abcam is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and makesall employment decisions
without regard to age, national origin, race,ethnicity, religion,
creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteranstatus, or
any other characteristic protected by law. This job title is known
as-- Director of SCM and Manufacturing Digital Products
Keywords: Abcam, Cambridge , Digital Product Director (Supply Chain and Manufacturing), Professions , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!