Posted on: April 4, 2021
Job SummaryThe Coordinator is responsible for carrying out tasks
at a customer site or multiple customer sites in a region. Tasks
include but are not limited to, inventory management, purchasing,
shipping, receiving, chemical tracking, storeroom tracking, and
product delivery. The Coordinator position requires the ability to
learn Avantor and routine customer systems. The work is generally
performed in a laboratory, university, and/or pharmaceutical
environment. Reporting and customer interaction is typically of a
routine nature. Must be cognizant of and adhere to Standard
Operating Procedures and regulatory requirements.MAJOR JOB DUTIES
- Associate may be responsible for tasks in inventory management
(Consumables, chemicals, samples, etc) and accurate inventory
control, processing requests leading to inventory movement on and
off site, and fulfilling customer metric reporting.
- Performs inventory management related functions such as
monitoring slow moving and dead inventory, conduct cycle counting,
yearly physical inventories, and reporting.
- Provides daily customer service functions and communicates with
the customer relative to inventory management.
- May be required to perform purchasing functions including but
not limited to: back order reporting and expediting, direct factory
shipments, 3rd party support, managing quotes, document control,
records maintenance, and resolving open invoices or pricing
- Responsible for all customer service related functions
including but not limited to: order entry, reporting, maintaining
metrics, and cost savings tracking.
- Performs shipping coordination activities such as shipping
customer material, handling routine issues, operating basic
warehouse equipment, entering shipping information into the
customer computer system, and equipment inspections.
- Responsible for handling hazardous material and preparing
shipping documentation and packaging requirements.
- Interfaces directly with customer point of contact, purchasing
directors, facility directors and plant managers.
- Responsible for managing consigned, non-consigned, customer
owned or 3rd party inventory.
- Utilizes Avantor and customer computer systems (SAP, Citrix,
Intranet, Avantor Inventory Management Systems, ChemSW, and
customer specific systems) in fulfillment of job duties.
- Meets goals and objectives: safety, performance and
- Creates programs for enhanced service efficiencies.
- Interfacing with Avantor Sales Force and manufacture
- Documents change management.
- Responsible for desktop delivery of inbound packages to
- Updating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2+ years experience in material handling/inventory
replenishment or customer service
- Spill containment training, IATA, DOT, IMDG and OSHA Right to
Know a plus
- Cross referencing and inside sales experience a plus
- Knowledge of scientific products and services a plusKNOWLEDGE
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Conform to all company and customer requirements for background
checks, health and safety issues, security clearances
- Knowledge of Information intermediate computer skills including
Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word and Excel
- Solid understanding and experience in either shipping,
inventory, or purchasing
- Excellent Customer Service Skills; displays a professional can
- High regard for safety, quality and adherence to protocols,
policies and procedures
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate; forward thinking
- Ability to prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of scientific products and services a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with both the customer and
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Travel may be requiredENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS &
PHYSICAL EFFORT Typically works in an office with adequate lighting
and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise
level.Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent
are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be
developed to resolve problems.A frequent volume of work and
deadlines impose strain on routine basis.Minimal physical effort is
required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking,
standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that
typically weigh less than 20 lbs.DISCLAIMER:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. EEO Statement
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local
law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at
TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com --and let us know the nature
of your request and your contact information. Requests for
accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please
note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address. For
more information about equal employment opportunity protections,
please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO
is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Su pplement PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd party non-solicitation policyBy submitting candidates without
having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job
requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor
recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted
candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor
works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative
to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not
be accepting any form of solicitation Full time R-126467 About Us
Avantor-- is a leading global provider of integrated, tailored
solutions for the life sciences and advanced technology industries.
Strengthened by the recent acquisition of VWR, the Company is a
trusted partner to customers and suppliers from discovery to
delivery. With operations in more than 30 countries and a diverse
portfolio that includes more than four million products, Avantor
enables customer success through innovation, cGMP manufacturing and
comprehensive service offerings. Collectively, we set science in
motion to create a better world.
Keywords: Avantor, Cambridge , Site Coordinator, Professions , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!