Service Technician (Residential Building)
Company: Related Companies
Posted on: March 27, 2020
Related Rentals is currently seeking a highly
experiencedResidential Maintenance Technician with a strong
background in modern/luxury residential building. The Maintenance
Technician will be responsible for common area and apartment
repairs in the scope of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, and
appliances. Further oversight of the buildings curb appeal through
building exterior inspections and grounds maintenance is required.
Customer service and attention to detail are critical skills to
ensure the satisfaction of the communitys residents.
Location: The Beverly is conveniently located in the heart of
Scheduled: 9:30 AM -6 PM ( Days off: TBD weekends might be
Building Information: The Beverly, with its modern aesthetic,
comprehensive amenity package, and central location in the vibrant
North Station neighborhood, redefines workforce housing offering
top-level amenities at below market rents. Designed to meet the
needs of the professionals that make our city great, The Beverly
provides graciously appointed apartments reserved for individuals,
couples, and families at a variety of income levels (30-165% of
Bostons area median income), providing an incredible opportunity
for Bostonians to live in the heart of the city at an affordable
- Diagnose and repair problems in such areas as HVAC, electrical,
plumbing, major appliances, carpentry, emergency systems, flooring,
hardware accessories, masonry, painting/wallpaper, water features
(pools, spas, etc.), fitness equipment, and waste management
- Assist with organizing and prioritizing service requests and
general maintenance tasks. Complete assigned service requests and
repairs consistent with company operating and equipment/supply
standards and in a timely manner.
- Ensure vacant apartments are rent-ready in a timely manner.
Manage make ready schedule and perform turnkey work as required.
Manage vendor work appropriately.
- Assist in the preparation of staff work and preventive
maintenance schedules, daily rounds, as well as maintaining an
inventory of supplies and tools sufficient for providing the
appropriate level of service.
- Conduct apartment Preventative Maintenance (PM).
- Collect and remove trash and debris including pet waste from
- Inspect buildings grounds and buildings on a daily basis to
identify maintenance needs.
- Maintain company customer service standards. Respond to
resident requests and work with residents to minimize/resolve
problems and complaints. Follow through to ensure issue is
- Maintain an injury free safety culture by following all
policies and procedures and reporting any unsafe behavior or
conditions including nonfunctioning equipment.
- Apply all applicable company policies and procedures such as,
but not limited to company operating and safety standards. Train
and promote safe work practices among on-site staff.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws,
specifically Fair Housing regulations.
Benefits and features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid
Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs
- Ability to read and write English as demonstrated by clear and
concise written and verbal communications, the ability to read
service requests, to read and understand policies and procedures
including but not limited to Key Control Policy and all Maintenance
Emergency policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate with team members, residents and vendors
in order to provide customer service.
- Ability to identify cleaning and chemical supplies, ability to
read and understand Hazard Communication Safety Data Sheets (SDS),
ability to understand proper applications of chemicals and general
cleaning supplies, ability to frequently handle and properly
dispose of these products.
- Knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, appliances, carpentry,
emergency systems, flooring, hardware accessories, fitness
equipment, waste management systems.
- Complete understanding of emergency systems, shutoffs,
locations and sequence of operations.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement,
addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do
basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining
averages and percentages, and totals.
- Ability to frequently handle and use chemicals and general
- Ability to understand basic knowledge of boilers, chillers,
cooling towers, electrical, flooring, plumbing, sprinklers and
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Building maintenance environment, indoor/outdoor, consisting of
exposure to moving mechanical parts and seasonal temperature
changes ranging from freezing to extreme heat
- May be exposed to high places, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk
of electrical shock, and loud noises
- Vision requirements include both close range and long distance
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and crawl into confined
- Must be able to endure walking, squatting, bending, balancing,
climbing, kneeling, crawling and prolonged standing
- Must be able to use hands to grip power and hand tools
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For information about how we use your personal information,
including information submitted for career opportunities, please
Related Companies is the most prominent privately-owned real estate
firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a
fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with
experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions,
management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York
City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston,
Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington,
D.C., Abu Dhabi, London and Shanghai and boasts a team of over
3,000 professionals. The Companys existing portfolio of real estate
assets, valued at over $30 billion, is made up of best-in-class
developments in premier high-barrier-to-entry markets across all
Related has dramatically redefined the concept of metropolitan
luxury by introducing extraordinary residential rental properties
in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York City.
With each new building, Related has been hailed for setting new
standards of excellence in the luxury rental marketplace. To ensure
that every resident in every Related building enjoys the very
finest services, unsurpassed amenities, and a luxury lifestyle
without compromise, Related Companies takes great pride in managing
every building it owns. Related owns and manages 261 Hudson, 456
Washington, Abington House, The Caledonia, The Easton, The Lyric,
MiMA, One Carnegie Hill, One Union Square South, Riverwalk
Crossing, Riverwalk Point, The Sierra, The Strathmore, The Tate,
Tribeca Green, Tribeca Park, Tribeca Tower, The Westminster and The
Westport in New York City (and manages 1214 Fifth Avenue and 89
Murray also in New York City), One Back Bay and The Arlington in
Boston, 500 Lake Shore Drive and Landmark West Loop in Chicago, The
Emerson in Los Angeles, The Paramount in San Francisco and One Hill
South in Washington, D.C. Related also owns an extensive portfolio
of workforce and affordable housing and has several new rental
developments underway across the country. For more information
about Related Companies please visitwww.related.com
Keywords: Related Companies, Cambridge , Service Technician (Residential Building), Professions , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!