Molecular Technologist I (Tues-Sat, 3rd Shift)
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: November 19, 2023
About the Job
The Molecular Technologist I performs procedures in a complex
patient sample testing process with limited supervision. Most
prominently, the position is responsible for solution and reagent
preparation, equipment maintenance, and the handling and testing of
patient specimens. The incumbent works one of three established
shifts and may be assigned to work any day that the lab is
This is a regulated position and additional information may be
available from QA on the qualifications for this role pertaining to
Regular onsite work at a designated FMI location is an essential
function of this role.
- Prepare the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) library.
- Under limited supervision of senior lab personnel and in
adherence to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs):
- Extract and isolate nucleic acids.
- Complete hybridization capture, and genetic sequencing
- Operate automated 8-span and 96-head liquid handling
- Operate quantification, sizing, and NGS instruments.
- Perform any other patient and client sample testing and
processing steps needed.
- Perform workflow that maintains quality, thoroughness, and
optimum efficiency for Turn Around Time (TAT).
- Utilize the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) to
track and execute sample processing.
- Document executed process steps per Good Documentation
- Update and maintain records and data on test results per
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and as needed equipment
- Participate in additional continuous quality improvement
- Adhere to safety protocols, such as wearing laboratory coats
and required safety gear.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness in the labs.
- Collaborate on SOPs revisions and drafts as needed to adjust
for process improvement initiatives and regulatory
- Review SOPs at set intervals and sign-off to document knowledge
of these procedures.
- Document and assist with investigations for non-compliance
events via Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs), Corrective
Action/Preventative Action (CAPAs) and other reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a chemical, physical, biological, or life
science (per NYSDOH regulatory requirements)
- 1+ years of molecular laboratory work experience in a CAP/CLIA
- Certifications or licensure that is required by the state or
county in which the job is posted
- Molecular Biology American Society of Clinical Pathology
- Quality System Regulations (QSR) compliant laboratory
- Familiarity of and experience working with DNA manipulation
techniques, enzymatic reactions, and sequencing chemistry
- Familiarity with high throughput platforms and common molecular
laboratory equipment (such as pipettes, thermocyclers, and liquid
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management System
- Experience ensuring and maintaining integrity and quality of
the laboratory in the areas of sample processing, equipment
maintenance, and SOPs
- Knowledge about laboratory safety protocols
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Work well under pressure while maintaining a professional
demeanor both as an individual contributor and in a team
- Prioritize and thoroughly follow up on assigned tasks
- Handle multiple tasks at once and work in a fast-paced
- Adapt to changing procedures, policies and work
- Work in the presence of chemicals and reagents in a laboratory
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite, most specifically
Excel and Power Point
- Excellent skills of written communication, oral communication,
collaboration, and problem solving with other departments and
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient data
- Commitment to reflect FMI's Values: Patients, Passion,
Collaboration, and Innovation
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Cambridge , Molecular Technologist I (Tues-Sat, 3rd Shift), Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!