Metrology Associate I
Company: Exact Sciences
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Position Overview The Metrology Associate I will service custom
and off-the-shelf laboratory instrumentation and equipment. This
role will be responsible for, assembly, installation, calibration,
routine maintenance, investigation and diagnosis of failures,
repair, requalification, and filing service reports. The Metrology
Associate I will work with colleagues to ensure proper instrument
function and maintenance. Essential Duties Include, but are not
limited to, the following:
- Install instruments and perform installation and operational
- Investigate and diagnose failures with installed instruments
- Troubleshoot activities and repair instruments and equipment to
- Maintain program for preventative maintenance (PM) and
calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Complete and submit accurate and detailed service records.
- Track all service activities and ensure documentation is
complete, timely, and accurate.
- Perform all service activities in compliance with all relevant
safety and regulatory bodies of occupational safety and health
administration (OSHA), international standardization for
organization (ISO), and food and drug administration (FDA).
- Performs other related duties assigned by management.
- Apply excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Apply strong organizational skills.
- Apply excellent verbal and written English communication
- Adaptable and open to change.
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new
information and unexpected circumstances.
- Ability to work both as a team member and independently.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability,
innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System
policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to act with an inclusion mindset and model these
behaviors for the organization.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends, as needed.
- Ability to work overtime, as needed.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a
computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 50% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to work on a computer and phone simultaneously.
- Ability to use a telephone through a headset.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 25% of a typical
working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 75% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds for approximately 10% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and
forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective
- Ability to use various types of laboratory equipment; including
microscopes, microtomes, blades, strainers, and pipettes for
extended periods of time.
- May perform repetitious actions using lab tools.
- Ability to use near vision to view samples at close range.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, tissue specimens, and
instruments with moving parts, lasers, heating and freezing
elements, and high-speed centrifugation.
- Ability and means to travel 20% between Madison locations.
- Ability to travel 10% of working time away from work location,
may include overnight/weekend travel. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in technology, electronics, mechanical
engineering, computer science, Molecular Biology or related field;
or Associate's degree and 2 years of relevant experience as
outlined in the essential duties; or high school degree/general
education diploma (GED) and 4 years of maintenance, repair,
calibration of equipment or relevant experience as outlined in the
essential duties in lieu of Bacherlor's degree.
- 1+ year of experience in the calibration, maintenance and
repair of equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform financial benchmarking analysis
and metric reporting.
- Demonstrated understanding of electrical circuits and diagrams;
including, but not limited to the use of common electrical
measurement tools such as multi-meters and oscilloscope.
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical part and assembly
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential duties of the
position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
#LI-HE1 Preferred Qualifications
- Hands on experience with equipment qualification.
- Experience in a good manufacturing practice (GMP) or ISO13485
- Knowledge of ISO 17025:2005 to inspect, measure, and test
- Demonstrated ability to use documentation and tracking service
activities. Salary Range: $45,000.00 - $72,000.00 The annual base
salary shown is for this position located in US - MA - Cambridge on
a full-time basis. In addition, this position is bonus eligible,
and is eligible to receive company stock upon hire as well as
annually. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid
vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental leave,
and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental
and vision coverage in accordance with the terms, conditions, and
eligibility requirements of the applicable plans. If you require a
reasonable accommodation with the application process, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal employment opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected
by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of
the Company's affirmative action program are available to any
applicant or employee for inspection upon request. To view the
Right to Work, E-Verify Employer, and Pay Transparency notices and
Federal, Federal Contractor, and State employment law posters,
refer to this link. These documents summarize important details of
the law and provide key points that you have a right to know.
Keywords: Exact Sciences, Cambridge , Metrology Associate I, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!