Business Account Executive, TTR: Toledo, OH
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Work_Category - virtual Description Overview
We are looking for experienced Business Account Executives (BAEs)
with rare disease experience to promote ONPATTRO (patisiran) in the
U.S. ONPATTRO was approved in August 2018 by the FDA for the
treatment of the polyneuropathy of hereditary
transthyretin-mediated amyloidosis (hATTR amyloidosis) in adults.
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to be part
of the sales team responsible for the commercialization of
Alnylam's second therapeutic in Alnylam's TTR portfolio, AMVUTTRA .
hATTR patients often spend years undiagnosed and misdiagnosed. This
is an amazing opportunity to educate and enhance the market's
knowledge of hATTR amyloidosis.
The BAE (TTR BAE) will be principally responsible for driving
physician and patient identification, disease awareness, overall
market development, and brand awareness within their ascribed
territory. The BAE will be responsible for achieving territory
targets and other business objectives through account and customer
strategies, while also partnering & collaborating very closely with
internal and external stakeholders to effectively manage all
aspects of the regional business. The achievement of targets will
be based in Alnylam values: our commitment to people, sense of
urgency, passion for excellence, innovation & discovery, and open
culture as well as our unwavering commitment to integrity.
The position reports into the (TTR) Regional Business Director.
* Drives physician and patient identification, market development
in polyneuropathy hATTR amyloidosis, and brand awareness by
building and executing against a territory strategy and account
* Continuously assesses sales opportunities within markets and
accounts to maintain and grow their business.
* Effectively prioritizes and manages time, activities, and
resources to optimize access to and development of accounts with
the most sales potential.
* Builds and maintains relationships with physicians by maximizing
their time through pre-call planning, leveraging insights to tailor
a call plan, and conducting post-call analysis to continually
refine and enhance their approach.
* Proactively builds effective working relationships with
internal/external stakeholders; can drive agreement/decisions from
multiple stakeholders; can read people's emotions and flex
communication style. Adjusts their approach based on different
stakeholder needs, concerns, or audience member to drive alignment
and meet their work goals.
* Effectively communicates and closely collaborates with
stakeholders across commercial, compliance, legal, market access,
and patient care centers to help ensure access at site of care.
* Builds individual account plans for key accounts and physicians
including how to approach those customers, achieve sales goals, and
maximize sales results.
* Collaborates with key accounts and physicians to drive patient
identification through market development and physician education;
develop a territory strategy to retain customers.
* Executes programs, in-services, and in office presentations for
their territory across multiple account types such as clinics and
* Routinely reports territory-level market dynamics and trends,
including prescriber opinion and competitive activity, to manager
and escalates to home office as needed.
* Demonstrates and upholds the highest standards of integrity and
* Bachelor's required: MBA/Science Degree preferred.
* 7+ years of progressive and visibly successful business
experience in biotech or specialty pharmaceutical industry.
* 2 plus years of rare disease experience. Deep experience in
Cardiology and Neurology are important and strongly preferred.
Hematology knowledge and experience is a plus.
* Understanding and experience working with in-house patient
support services required.
* A successful track record in pharmaceutical sales/management.
* Must be familiar with relevant legal and regulatory environment
in biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
* Product launch experience is a plus including a working knowledge
of government and commercial payers.
* Experience in driving, leading and delivering upon
territory-level cross functional business planning and influencing
* Understanding of patient services and specialty channel
distribution is preferred.
* Hospital / Institution knowledge and expertise with pharmacy
* Must be comfortable spending 60% of time traveling; some
overnight travel required.
* Driving is an essential duty of the job; candidates must have a
valid driver's license to be considered.
* Must live within assigned territory.
* Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity.
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ALNY) has led the translation of
RNA interference (RNAi) into a whole new class of innovative
medicines with the potential to transform the lives of people
afflicted with rare and more prevalent diseases. Based on Nobel
Prize-winning science, RNAi therapeutics represent a powerful,
clinically validated approach to treating diseases at their genetic
source by "interfering" with mRNA that cause or contribute to
disease. Since our founding in 2002, Alnylam has led the RNAi
Revolution and continues to turn scientific possibility into
Our people-first culture is guided by our core values: fiercely
innovative, open culture, purposeful urgency, passion for
excellence, and commitment to people, and these values influence
how we work and the business decisions we make. Thanks to feedback
from our employees over the years, we've been fortunate to be named
a top employer around the world. Alnylam is extremely proud to have
been recognized as the #1 Large Employer by Boston Globe Top Places
to Work in 2022, one of Science Magazine's Top Biopharma Employers,
one of America's Most Responsible Companies for 2023 by Newsweek, a
Fast Company Best Workplace for Innovators, and a Great Place to
Work in Canada, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, and UK - among
At Alnylam, we commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equal
employment opportunity. We are dedicated to building an environment
where employees can feel that they belong, can bring their
authentic selves to work, and achieve to their full potential. By
empowering employees to embrace their unique differences at work,
our business grows stronger with advanced and original thinking,
allowing us to bring groundbreaking medicines to patients.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
ethnicity, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, or
any other characteristics prohibited by law. Alnylam is an E-Verify
Keywords: Alnylam, Cambridge , Business Account Executive, TTR: Toledo, OH, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!