Company: Sofra Bakery & Cafe
Posted on: November 16, 2023
ABOUT USIn Turkish, Sofra is synonymous with generosity and
hospitality. James Beard nominated Executive Pastry Chef Maura
Kilpatrick and co-founder Ana Sortun (of Oleana, Sarma & Siena
Farms) approach cuisine with a Middle Eastern sensibility by
creating delicious food featuring unique spices and spice blends.
Sofra Bakery & Cafe reinterprets regional food traditions of the
Eastern Mediterranean to make them accessible and inspiring for our
guests. WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?We care about each other and our
customers. We build long-term relationships with our employees and
support individuals who wish to further their career development
within the food industry. We offer extensive educational and
professional development opportunities, including wine and beverage
training, Mediterranean diet education, community engagement, and
guest speakers. We will always believe in exceptional hospitality
with warmth & professionalism, but not pretension. Our managers try
to practice what they preach, not leading with aggression or
negativity, but rather dedication, fairness, and desire to bring
the best out in their team. We look for passionate, kind, committed
and honest people who find joy in their profession and can
transcend that message outward.At the end of the day, we want our
restaurant to be a representation of our values the kind of place
we would hang out on our day off. All of our businesses are funky,
fun spots that appeal to people from all walks of life.Sofra is an
equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse workforce
and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.JOB
DESCRIPTIONWe are seeking enthusiastic individuals who are
passionate about food and hospitality, are eager to learn and work
hard, and bring good energy to work. We offer a structured training
program as well as flexible schedules to support your other goals.
Experience is preferred, but we value enthusiasm, passion, and work
ethic and are willing to train the right person.At Sofra, you
- Understand and explain our menu to guests.
- Exude excellence through hospitality towards guests and the
- Use our Toast POS system.
- Take food orders.
- Expedite food orders.
- Make house-made beverages and espresso drinks.
- Clean, sanitize, and keep the cafe area neat and
inviting.Qualified candidates will
- Must be available weekends and holidays
- Treat customers and co-workers with courtesy and respect
- Be genuinely passionate about hospitality and the overall guest
- Work in a clean and organized fashion
- Work as a team and take direction from multiple managers
- Be able to deal successfully with multitasking and be
comfortable in a fast-paced work environment
- Exhibit a desire to learn
- Have a strong attention to detail and a positive attitude
- Have excellent attendance and punctualityCOMPENSATION
- Competitive hourly pay with tips
- Educational and professional development opportunities
- Employee discounts at our sister businesses Oleana, Sofra,
Sarma and Siena Farms
- Free meal per shift
- Partially subsidized health insurance, and group rates on
dental, vision, and voluntary (critical illness, accident,
disability, life) benefitsPlease consider joining our team! To
apply, please send a resume and cover letter to .
Keywords: Sofra Bakery & Cafe, Cambridge , Counter Staff, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!