Company: Lesley University
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Location: Cambridge, MAArea of Interest: Information
TechnologyPosition Type: Full-time The OpportunityLesley University
seeks a Systems Engineer who will be responsible for supporting
server infrastructure, testing and piloting emerging technologies,
and providing technical expertise for university technology
projects. This position provides technical support, equipment
assistance, training, and instruction in the use of new and
emerging technology. The Systems Engineer will communicate with
stakeholders to understand their technical needs. They develop and
analyze functional specifications, and they coordinate with
Information Technology staff to build and implement technology
solutions.Qualities and CapabilitiesThe successful candidate will
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in engineering, information
systems, or computer science.
- Experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell,
- Experience with cloud service providers (e.g., AWS and
- Experience with supporting virtualization platforms such as
Hyper-V or VMware.
- Fluency in business process analysis.
- A collaborator and problem solver.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and collaboration
- Ability to work collaboratively and/or independently with
technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts effectively.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- A focus on customer service.
- Experience in higher education is desirable.
- Experience operating server infrastructure.
- Experience with Windows Server.
- Experience with systems integration.
- Experience researching and reviewing technology.
- Experience implementing technology solutions.
- At least four years of general IT experience PM22Why
LesleyLocated in the heart of Cambridge, Massachusetts, Lesley
University is highly regarded for its graduate and undergraduate
programs in the human arts of education, the arts, and applied
social sciences. Lesley fosters a highly creative environment in
which innovative ideas thrive, theory is integrated with practice
and its 6,400 students and 90,000 alumni are empowered to improve
and enrich communities. We offer a competitive benefits package
that includes health, dental, life, and long-term disability
insurance. In addition, we offer significant paid time off, a
generous retirement plan, and tuition programs that enable
employees and their dependents to expand their knowledge and
skills. Lesley is committed to the ongoing pursuit of strategic
diversity initiatives that help to position diversity, equity, and
inclusion as fundamental to institutional and academic excellence
at Lesley. In doing so, Lesley strives for a campus culture and
community that fosters a true sense of belonging for all, provides
opportunity for everyone to participate equally and fully in the
Lesley experience, and helps to develop each individual's capacity
to confidently and competently engage within and across difference.
Given an evolving national context and the rapid change in the
demographic profile of our country, the University has made a
significant commitment to addressing and enhancing its campus
climate and diversity capabilities as an institution.Expressing
InterestA letter of interest, CV/resume, and a statement addressing
past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity, and
inclusion through teaching, professional activity, and/or service
must be included for full consideration. At Lesley University we
strive for a supportive and equitable environment where people --
regardless of race, physical ability, age, neurodiversity, sexual
orientation, gender identity, and other protected personal
identities -- can participate equally and fully as their true
selves in all aspects of university life. We are committed to
diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the fabric of our
institution.Date First ActiveApr 11, 2023PI216053031
Keywords: Lesley University, Cambridge , Systems Engineer, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...