Lead Software Quality Engineer
Company: National Grid USA
Posted on: March 17, 2023
About us Join National Grid's digital transformation! -We are
digital creators, continuous learners and daring innovators. -We
leverage digital innovative ways to create products and catalyze
the transformation of National Grid's business units into more
agile and digitally native organizations in our shared purpose of
bringing energy to life. Come and join us on this incredible
journey, - We want to find a highly motivated individual keen to
join a dynamic and fast paced organization going through crucial
transformation. If you yearn to be innovative and contribute new
ideas and play a critical part in the US IT Global Solutions
Delivery organization, we want to hear from you! What you'll do As
a Lead Software Quality Engineer for one of our critical business
units, you'll manage key functions of Quality Engineering,
including the following responsibilities:
- Drive -the Software Quality Engineering efforts across unit,
module, system, and user acceptance testing.
- Provide -expert oversight, mentoring team members and leading
quality initiatives in large development efforts.
- Lead offshore Quality Assurance teams.
- Design and implement -test framework including automation in a
fast-paced Agile development environment, using the latest software
development and test methodologies.
- Represent QA teams and participate in planning and execution
using agile methodologies such as SCRUM and serve as a key driver
to improve product quality. -
- Set the vision for Automation preferably with Cypress &
- Work with multiple teams, define QA tasks with priorities, and
help team members to fulfill them. -
- Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product
requirements & vision. -
- Participate in all sprint activities including, daily scrums,
grooming/sizing, planning, requirements gathering, story writing,
and solution design sessions - Waht you'll need
- Lots of enthusiasm!
- 8 -to 10 -years experience in software/quality automation
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors
(Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) -
- Hands-on Automation FW & scripting experience is a
- Experience gathering requirements, asking the right questions
and, if needed, diving into prod usage (front end /backend) to get
- Experience pulling together a workload model, based on
- Experience creating Automation scripts and run tests using
tools like Selenium web driver,
- Experience using system tools or APM tools such as Dynatrace &
- and hands-on experience querying database.
- Leadership & Stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Experience leading a team of resources and working with vendor
partners. It would be awesome if you had
- Utility experience.
- Automation & Performance expertise.
- Testing knowledge of middleware technology and associated
- Production Performance experience.
- technologies experience. What you'll get
- Consistent growth potential through company leadership
- Competitive compensation package including robust benefits with
a yearly bonus -
- Numerous wellness programs
- A multitude of company-endorsed community programs to
participate in More Information Are you the right fit for this
exciting role? You want to learn more about the position and
National Grid's ambitious Digital Transformation? Then let's chat!
Apply directly or reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- #LI-CL1 #LI-HYBRID At National Grid, we keep the lights on and
homes warm. But it's so much more than that. We keep people
connected and society moving. This is no easy feat, and it takes
all of us. But National Grid supplies us with the environment to
make it happen. As we generate momentum in the energy transition
for all, we don't plan on leaving any of our customers in the dark.
But we aren't looking for external recognition - we already what we
do is vital. We're building a clean, fair and affordable energy
future. Salary $106,000 - $130,000 a year Please be advised that
due to the nature of this position, incumbents are subject to
federal Drug & Alcohol safety regulations governing US Department
of Transportation ("DOT") covered positions, including the Federal
Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Pipeline Hazardous
Material Safety Administration (PHMSA). As such, the Company's
testing programs and policies regarding the use of federally
prohibited drugs or alcohol, for recreational or medical purposes,
will remain in effect for these safety-sensitive, DOT covered
positions. This position has a career path which provides for
advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop
and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and
acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be
assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of
this role and their individual experience. National Grid is an
equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent,
knowledge, experience and expertise. ---We foster a culture of
inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior
performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to
be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women,
individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the
National Grid team.
Keywords: National Grid USA, Cambridge , Lead Software Quality Engineer, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...