Senior Back End Engineer
Company: Hosta a.i.
Posted on: March 16, 2023
We are hungry, we are bold, we are up to revolutionize the built environment!
We are backed by incredible and renown investors who strongly support our vision to create a pure A.I. driven solution that structurally assesses spaces.
We are born out of MIT where both founders graduated from. We're technology and analytic savvy folks. We are all self-driven, highly motivated innovators who are all thinking our business forward. We are looking for like-minded people, who are passionate about computer vision, the built environment, and about getting your hands dirty!
We are looking for a customer-focused Backend Engineer with a proven track record in infrastructure optimization on AWS. As a Backend Engineer, you'll work closely with a team solving challenges at the forefront of computer vision and A.I. systems. As we are an early stage startup, you will need to champion the changing voice of our user(s), and spearhead innovative solutions to create ultimate product-market fit.
* Writing scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code in Python and GO
* Design and create services and system architecture for your projects
* Contribute and provide feedback to other team members
* Translating software requirements into stable, working, high performance software
* Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
* Ensures coding, testing and documentation tasks are successfully performed for new application development as well as enhancements to existing system functionality
* Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
* Other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience
* 5+ years experience in back-end, full-stack, and/or software testing technologies
* Good understanding of databases, data structures, algorithms, REST, clean code and architecture
* Enjoy and have experience building scalable backend infrastructure
* You have worked with AWS before and you love getting into the weeds of tools that help us improve our service offering, cost structure, and scalability
* Experience in implementing/troubleshooting AWS services (serverless, SaaS, etc.)
* Think about systems and services and write high-quality code. We work mostly in Python, and soon in Go. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework
* A true passion for user experience, as evidenced by an obsessive user focus, as well as an ability to render complexity down to its truest essence
* A desire to work with some of our most demanding and discerning customers
We are in to revolutionize the built environment and we are on a pretty good track. You will work in an extremely intellectual environment. Even in a virtual environment, we maintain a team spirit, intellectual curiosity, and fun. We are early and well enough funded to work on the hard things that matter in accomplishing our vision. On top of that, we offer:
* Equity eligible for this position
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, including expert medical opinion
* Healthcare and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
* Flexible paid time off (unlimited or accrued vacation and sick leave)
Keywords: Hosta a.i., Cambridge , Senior Back End Engineer, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
here to apply!