Research Associate I - Molecular Biology
Company: Exact Sciences Corporation
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Position OverviewThe Research Associate I, with guidance from
more experienced scientists, assists in the day to day experimental
work that includes execution of bench experiments, and gathering
and assembling of data. - Working in a team setting, the Research
Associate I will primarily be involved in Research and Development
projects assisting in translating research ideas and concepts into
the product development pipeline towards development of diagnostic
assay products.Essential DutiesInclude but are not limited to the
- Conduct bench level experiments within a specific product or
- Generate data; accurately record and analyze results of bench
level experiments within a specific product or technology
- Operate scientific instrumentation related to performance of
duties and notifies appropriate personnel of any problems.
- Effectively utilize and apply established methods or
- Maintain lab notebook in a complete and consistent manner,
following all legal, ISO, and QSR requirements, as well as keeping
clear and complete.
- Prepare reports and documentation providing the experimental
methods and results.
- Communicate experimental results to supervisor or other
- Possess potential for technical proficiency, scientific
creativity, collaboration with others, and independent thought.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to
determine appropriate action.
- Work with project team members on assignments to meet
department and project objectives.
- Ability to complete assignments in expected time frames.
- Ability to work in a BSL-2 environment following Biosafety
- Ability to communicate project status to project leader.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively within team and
- Strong attention to detail.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability,
innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System
policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends, as needed.
- Ability to lift to 20 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a
computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 50% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and
forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective
- Ability to use various types of laboratory equipment including
microscopes, microtomes, blades, strainers, pipettes for extended
periods of time.
- May perform repetitious actions using lab tools.
- Ability to use near vision to view samples at close range.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, tissue specimens and
instruments with moving parts, lasers, heating and freezing
elements, and high-speed centrifugation.
- Ability and means to travel between Exact Sciences
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location,
may include overnight/weekend travel.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Medical Technology,
Clinical Laboratory Science, Chemical/Physical/Biological Science,
or related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and
- Authorization to work in the United States without
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the
position with or without accommodation.Preferred Qualifications
- Related Internship.
- 1+ years of related experience.
- Experience in molecular biology or Next Generation Sequencing
methods desirable.If you need any assistance seeking a job
opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable
accommodation with the application process, please call our
Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email.We are -an equal
employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color,
creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any
other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative action program are
available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon
Keywords: Exact Sciences Corporation, Cambridge , Research Associate I - Molecular Biology, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...