Scientist / Senior Scientist, Cheminformatics
Company: Reverie Labs
Posted on: January 27, 2023
At Reverie Labs, were building a pharmaceutical company from the
ground up using computationwere a biotech company that looks and
feels like a tech company. Were looking for Cheminformaticians to
use their interdisciplinary background in chemistry and computer
science to engineer novel drug candidates. At Reverie,
Cheminformaticians are critical members of our therapeutic project
teams, and collaborate closely with data scientists, computational
chemists and medicinal chemists to achieve drug discovery
objectives. We are looking for mission-driven individuals that are
eager to use computational tools to directly impact programs from
screening to clinical candidate nomination. Do the following sound
challenging and fun to you? If so, wed love to hear from you!
- Using tools like RDKit, Openeye, Amber, and other computational
chemistry packages to address specific therapeutic program
- Visualizing program structure-activity relationships and aiding
medicinal chemists in hypothesis generation around compound
- Developing Jupyter notebooks to analyze a variety of molecular
datasets, using software to extract drug discovery insights like
activity cliffs, selectivity hypotheses, and predicted binding
- Collaborating with software engineers to develop novel tools
for generating compound ideas.
- Harnessing massive-scale computational to enumerate and
evaluate potential molecules for synthesis.
- Working closely with medicinal chemists to select compounds for
synthesis every week.
- Developing tools to aid the project team in conducting
structure-based drug designWe dont have a hard set of background
requirements, but we highly value skills and experience in the
- Chemistry-related programming skills: 2+ years experience
building tools with widely-used chemistry packages like RDKit,
Openeye, etc, especially in python.
- Visualization: Expert level knowledge of compound and protein
visualization tools like PyMol. Non-python tools like R are also
- Biotech/Pharmaceutical experience: We are looking for
applicants with 3+ years of industry experience or deep technical
expertise (ideally PhD level) in an academic setting.
- Most importantly, an eagerness to learn new skills, wear many
hats, and collaborate closely with a growing team of people.
Finally, we base our employment decisions entirely on business
needs, job requirements, and qualificationswe do not discriminate
based on race, gender, religion, health, parental status, personal
beliefs, veteran status, age, or any other status. We have zero
tolerance for any kind of discrimination, and we are looking for
candidates who share those values. Applications from women and
members of underrepresented minority groups are particularly
Keywords: Reverie Labs, Cambridge , Scientist / Senior Scientist, Cheminformatics, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!