Safety Security Officer
Company: Charles Hotel
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job SummaryAs an employee of The Charles Hotel, you will benefit
from having access to Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance
starting from $1.16* weekly, travel benefits across multiple
brands, a complimentary daily meal, $5 discounted daily parking,
$500 referral bonus and advancement opportunities. In this role as
a Safety & Security Guard, you are responsible for providing
protection to our hotel guests, employees and our property. You are
also responsible for providing guests with a sense of comfort and
well-being by maintaining a level of visibility. *Rate is subject
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or a related field preferred
- Certificate of Completion in Safety and Security Training (must
comply with State requirements)
- CPR First Aid and Heimlich maneuver certified preferred but not
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with The Charles
Hotel standards as required by scheduling which will vary according
to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when
- Comply at all times with The Charles Hotel standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Answer phone and dispatch in a timely manner in addition to
demonstrating proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when
communicating with other Associates; maintain radio contact with
the Front Desk/Night Auditor at all times.
- Maintain visual contact with the Front Desk/Night Auditor and
the front door of the hotel by remaining in the Lobby area when not
on property walks.
- Maintain and review daily activity log.
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to guest and Associate
- Hold briefing with Guest Services staff both at the beginning
and end of shift.
- Open secured areas for authorized personnel; checks ID of
visitors/Associates as necessary.
- Maintain an awareness of legal limitations of position (i.e.
local ordinances state ordinances etc.).
- Assist guests to their rooms or help guests enter their
- Investigates room thefts auto accidents/thefts and assault
complaints for guests (not for Associates); serves as the first
responder partnering with Department Head/Hotel leadership to write
the incident report.
- Assist outside agencies as necessary.
- Provide escort.
- Assist HR/MOD with responding to Associate altercations.
- Assist with intoxicated guests.
- Be knowledgeable about hotel and guestroom locking
- Respond to security alarms and monitor TV cameras (CCTV) (if
- Challenge suspicious persons.
- Conduct rounds checking for safety hazards checking lights and
door locks and picking up items left on the property.
- Assist during medical emergencies administering First
Aid/C.P.R/Heimlich maneuver as necessary.
- In partnership with Department Head/Hotel leadership completes
Incident/Accident Reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Receive deliveries; deliver requested items to guest rooms as
- Assist Front Desk with Express Check-outs and newspaper
delivery as requested or applicable to the needs of the Hotel.
- Works special functions attends meetings and/or performs other
duties as required.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.Property
DetailsThe Charles Hotel experience reflects the eclecticism that
is Cambridge. An urban oasis, The Charles offers something for
everyone who is visiting the Boston area. Guests can soak in their
academic surrounding by attending a lecture at Harvard, relax with
a stroll along the Charles River, explore downtown Boston or dine
at some of the Boston and Cambridge area's finest restaurants,
including The Charles' own Henrietta's Table.The Charles is an
independent property, offering luxurious accommodations and all the
comforts of home. Guest rooms combine New England dcor with the
latest technology. 18,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor banquet
space merge to offer an array of options for anyone's next
event.Located just minutes from downtown Boston and a variety of
world-class attractions, The Charles is a AAA Four Diamond Hotel
and a proud member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts.Company
OverviewAs the global leader in third-party hotel management, our
growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and
22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury
hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates
around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and
driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone
is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with
Aimbridge Hospitality.BenefitsAfter an initial waiting period,
those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive
benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Charles Hotel, Cambridge , Safety Security Officer, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!