Senior Development Assistant
Company: Beacon Hill Staffing Group, LLC
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Our client, a university located in Cambridge, MA, is seeking a
Senior Development Assistant to join the team. This position is
Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm and pays $24 an hour.Job Duties:
- Provides complex administrative support to the Executive
Director of Individual Giving and team, including guidance on the
most efficient organization of office staff support services.
Additionally, aiding management team with their work to ensure
efficiency and coordination of activities.
- Among the responsibilities will be scheduling meetings,
requesting/interpreting and analyzing data.
- In conjunction with fellow Senior Administrative Assistant
helps manage the Executive Director's and several Fundraising staff
- Together with the Executive Director and Fundraising staff,
reviews the calendar to ensure that meetings are properly planned
- Assures the presence of staff at key meetings; distributes
information and analyzes follow-up actions.
- Anticipates the Executive Director's and team's needs while
juggling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Prioritizes
issues that demand the attention of the Executive Director and the
fundraising teams and aid in the implementation of plans.
- Coordinates, organizes, and tracks monthly All Staff meetings
and their associated internal meetings and workflow.
- Establishes and maintains agendas, meeting minutes, and
follow-up for all staff, field staff, and numerous regional and
Office of Gift Planning (OGP) meetings.
- Arranges travel that involves complex itineraries and several
appointments per trip.
- Arrangements include arranging staff schedules as well as
senior officers and other Resource Development colleagues'
schedules and distributes itinerary information to relevant
- Prepares Institute forms, such as E-travel requisitions,
vouchers, and payment requests with limited authority to sign.
- Pay close attention to detail in verifying budget expenses,
reconciling monthly statements (keeping track of
budgetary/purchasing activities), identifying and resolving
problems, and adhering to and communicating team and leadership
policies and procedures.
- Prepares Visiting Officer Confirmed Appointment Form (VOAs) for
- Creates and maintains lists for solicitations to corporation
members, visiting committee nominations, and other as-needed
- List management for the chair and chancellor, as well as
prospects for quarterly School Development Officers (SDOs)
- Assists Development Associates with in generating reports from
the Advance database.
- Serves as the central source for critical OLG information.
Collects data and communicates it to important stakeholders. Serves
as a subject matter expert and best practices expert on a variety
of office-related matters (e.g., Slack).
- Coordinates dinner/event invitation mailings.
- Assists fellow Senior Administrative Assistant in coordinating
the support team's workflow and scheduling candidate interviews,
and meetings related to the "onboarding" program for new
- Collaborates with staff on the planning and implementations New
Employee Orientations and Trainings, including overseeing on-campus
activities for all new employees. Coordinates office infrastructure
(phones, computers, etc.) and workflow for new hires.
- Under the direction of management, participates in the annual
fiscal year planning process (e.g., pulling data, organizing, and
- Creates PowerPoint presentations for the Executive Director of
- Prepares ad hoc Advance management reports for the Executive
Director on a project by-project basis.
- Acts as a backup and fills in as needed for the Senior
Administrative Assistant and/or Development Assistants.
- Assists and is in responsible of reading, sorting, and
distributing mail. Makes and sends out photocopies of
correspondence and memoranda.
- Responds to correspondence, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the value of creating a
diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment.
- Actively supports and engages in creating and sustaining a
workplace that fosters creativity and innovation. Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- 5+ years' administrative, office, or related experience
- Wide ranging knowledge of office procedures required.
- Previous project coordination experience strongly desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize assignments, and meet
deadlines, without compromising quality, in a demanding,
high-volume work environment.
- Ability to effectively organize oneself and others.
- Strong planning, problem-solving, time management and
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential information and
exercise sound judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills including the
ability to promote and foster a highly professional and welcoming
office environment for many internal and external audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required; as are proficient
writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Familiarity with e-mail and electronic calendars highly
preferred. Meticulous attention to detail, resourcefulness,
flexibility and reliability are essential.
- Ability to take initiative and anticipate consequences of
actions, potential problems or opportunities for change.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as a team member
who is willing to lend a hand at all times.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office, including Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint skills required.
- Ability and willingness to work evening and weekends is
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Beacon Hill is an Equal
Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to
the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
are encouraged to apply.Company Profile:Founded by industry leaders
to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible
staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with
unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and
success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous
improvement.Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing
services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across
market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over
time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service
offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent
needs.Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty
divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon
Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon
Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com. We look
forward to working with you.Beacon Hill. Employing the Future
Keywords: Beacon Hill Staffing Group, LLC, Cambridge , Senior Development Assistant, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!