Company: Affinivax Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Affinivax is a Cambridge-based clinical-stage biotechnology company
with a novel, next-generation approach to the development of
vaccines and immunotherapies targeting infectious and other
immune-mediated diseases. This novel and highly efficient vaccine
technology - called Multiple Antigen Presenting System (MAPS) -
enables the high-affinity binding of protective polysaccharides as
well as proteins in a single vaccine, uniquely inducing a broad and
protective B-cell and T-cell immune response.
Our vision is to take a major step forward in vaccine innovation to
prevent and combat a wide range of infectious and other
immune-mediated diseases, protecting infants and adults in our
communities and making a meaningful impact on global public health.
Affinivax is focused on developing vaccines for the most
challenging bacterial infections, with a goal of improving upon
existing vaccines and providing solutions for where there are no
vaccines or prevention strategies available today.
Affinivax is currently seeking a highly motivated associate
scientist to use his/her expertise in assay development. The
Analytical Immunology Team at Affinivax is responsible for the
development and qualification of assays to support IND-enabling
toxicology studies and clinical trials. This position is ideally
suited for someone with prior immunoassay development and
You will have the opportunity to---
- Participate in the design, development, qualification, and
implementation of ligand-binding assays to support early and
late-stage vaccine development programs.
- Troubleshoot method and instrumentation problems; be proactive
in solving technical issues.
- Maintain a thorough and accurate lab notebook.
- Author, SOPs, study protocols, reports, and other scientific
and quality documents.
- Work closely with other team members on project teams.
Who you are and what you bring to the team---
- A Bachelor/Master of Science in Biology, Molecular Biology, or
Biochemistry, with 2-5 years of industry experience. GLP/GMP
experience is preferred.
- Hands-on experience within the 2 past years in developing and
executing immunoassays such as ELISA, Luminex, and/or MSD.
- Previous experience with analytical assay development and
qualification is preferred.
- Experience in other analytical methods, such as cell-based and
biochemical assays, is a plus.
- Experience in running stability protocols with associated
experimental planning and data collection and analysis.
- Data processing skills using Windows-based software (Excel,
GraphPad Prizm, JMP, etc.)
- Strong ability to multi-task and willingness to work
effectively in a highly collaborative and diverse environment as a
team player with a strong work ethic.
- The ability to maintain written records in the form of
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Medical and Dental plans (BCBS), employer-paid at 85%
- Vision Insurance, employer-paid at 100%
- Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts/Health Savings Accounts
- Wellness Benefits
- 401(k) Plan with a 4% match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous PTO package
- 11 paid holidays, plus Holiday Shutdown
- Pet Insurance
- Subsidized Parking
- Commuter Reimbursement Program
- Brand new facility in Kendall Square
In accordance with Affinivax's duty to provide and maintain a safe
workplace that is free of known hazards, we have adopted a COVID-19
vaccine policy to protect the health of our employees and their
families, our visitors, and the community at large from COVID-19.
This policy requires all employees, contractors, and temporary
workers, to (1) obtain an approved vaccination and provide proof of
vaccination or (2) request an accommodation for a medical or
religious exemption. Our policy is based on guidance from the
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention.
Affinivax is committed to providing equal employment opportunities
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, status as a veteran or as a
member of the military or status in any group protected by
applicable federal or state laws.
All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any
employee at Affinivax via email, the internet, or in any form
and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Affinivax, unless
such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Affinivax for
this position and a valid agreement with Affinivax is in place. In
the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Affinivax
agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind
will be paid.
Keywords: Affinivax Inc., Cambridge , Associate Scientist, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!