Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Posted on: September 20, 2022
The -Room Reservationist is responsible for handling
reservations in a friendly and efficient manner and quoting
available rates to maximize room revenue and average rate according
to Aimbridge Hospitality standards. He/she is also responsible for
participating in the monthly Rooms Merchandising
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying
the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity while under pressure.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly
service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which includes wearing the proper uniform and name tag when
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Answer all incoming calls promptly in a friendly efficient and
- Be able to answer guest inquiries about hotel services
facilities and hours of operation.
- Book room reservations while focusing on maximizing room
revenue and average rate using standard company rate quoting
scenario at all times.
- Communicate and work closely with the Sales Department
concerning group bookings.
- Continually update Central Reservations on rates and
availability maintain availability calendar and communicate all
relevant information to the operations staff.
- Maintain accurate files and reports.
- Handle all special reservations to include V.I.P. reservations
packages and discounts.
- Compile and input all necessary information for the required
Rooms Merchandising meetings.
- Promptly efficiently and accurately book and block rooms using
Aimbridge Hospitality guidelines for Group Rooming Lists and
- Attend Rooms Merchandising meetings and give input on trends
and opportunities to maximize revenue.
- Employees must at all times be friendly helpful and courteous
to guests managers and all their fellow employees.
- Complete forecasts as required by management.
- Monitor daily sales activity and alert Reservations Manager
and/or Guest Services Manager of sold out nights group ceiling
status and possible problem situations.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Be able to perform all duties of -Reservations -Agent and
assist as needed at front desk. -The Charles Hotel experience
reflects the eclecticism that is Cambridge. An urban oasis, The
Charles offers something for everyone who is visiting the Boston
area. Guests can soak in their academic surrounding by attending a
lecture at Harvard, relax with a stroll along the Charles River,
explore downtown Boston or dine at some of the Boston and Cambridge
area's finest restaurants, including The Charles' own Henrietta's
Table.The Charles is an independent property, offering luxurious
accommodations and all the comforts of home. Guest rooms combine
New England d--cor with the latest technology. 18,000 square feet
of indoor and outdoor banquet space merge to offer an array of
options for anyone's next event.Located just minutes from downtown
Boston and a variety of world-class attractions, The Charles is a
AAA Four Diamond Hotel and a proud member of Preferred Hotels and
Resorts.As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our
growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22
countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels,
destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the
globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving
exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is
inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge
Hospitality.After an initial waiting period, those hired into full
time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Cambridge , Room Reservationist, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!