Company: Arka Inc
Posted on: June 24, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY:The Project Coordinator (PC) will be
responsible for a variety of cross-functional operational
activities including project management, financial, communications,
and other administrative activities involved in overseeing multiple
on-going research projects ensuring effective operational
efficiency of assigned research groups. Their focus will be on
helping PIs and assigned research groups meet project commitments,
timelines, and deliverables. The PC will serve as the key
communications contact with project sponsors and internal
stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of milestone reports, and
effective collaboration with the PI and the research group members.
With minimal supervision the PC will execute complex and
independent oversight of several projects. The position requires
extensive management of a broad range of administrative activities
to ensure progression of project deliverables and effective
administrative operations within research groups while
simultaneously providing expert coordination with external sponsors
an internal administrative staff. The PC will also facilitate
community building as required.
Project Management (70%):
- Work with PI and group members to design, develop, and optimize
methods for monitoring and reporting on the progress of funded
- Establish project timelines.
- Ensure adhering to milestones, including accountability for
communicating key milestone targets and obtaining consensus about
meeting those milestones.
- Support PI and group members in meeting milestone commitments
by identifying barriers and proposing and implementing solutions to
- Manage sponsor relations and maintain productive working
relationships with existing and/or potential sponsors.
- On behalf of PI, set and continually communicate and manage
expectations with project sponsors, PI/group members, department
leadership, and other stakeholders.
- Serve as a contact with internal and external partner
- As requested by PI, prepare and present oral and written
reports on progress (including analysis of risks, blocking issues,
and solutions) of various projects to sponsors, stakeholders,
and/or appropriate levels of management within the department. This
includes identifying risks, analyzing their potential impact,
designing solutions to mitigate risks, and implement risk
- Attend group meetings as needed to maintain current content
knowledge on status of projects and to understand group members'
immediate needs for optimal performance.
- Assist in other special assignments, as required, including the
design and development of tools such as Work Breakdown Structure,
Dashboards and Workflow Diagrams.
- Develop, document, and communicate standard operating
procedures for project management, metrics and requirements
tracking, proactive issue resolution, and personnel logistics.
- Maintain project plans/schedules/deliverables for multiple
projects for principal investigators while also managing competing
priorities for multiple programs or projects. Determine and track
key project metrics and deliverables as required by sponsors.
- Develop and manage project timelines. Collaborate with PI to
develop broader milestone delivery plan for major research efforts,
split into monthly or bi-monthly deliverables and key major
- Update progress on milestone delivery plans weekly with PI and
communicate with PI issues that need addressing prior to engagement
with sponsors including proposing strategic recommendations.
- Develop documentation that facilitates communication with
sponsors on project status and enables sponsors to track progress
and engage (on a bi-monthly basis).
- Support researchers by organizing, compiling, reviewing, and
analyzing complex data and findings. Design and develop reports for
management and project sponsors on project success and provide
recommendations on next steps. Communicate key successes with
sponsors to increase sponsor engagement including tracking and
compiling IP, publications, and leveraged funding.
- Manage, optimize and coordinate interface with sponsors, and
implement schedule ensuring sufficient PI-sponsor meetings and
engagements as needed for the different projects
- Plan, organize, prioritize and track status of project
activities. Monitor project scope and schedule. Perform follow-up
as needed, coordinate resources and escalate issues to PIs as
needed. Make recommendations to ensure achievement of
- Organize and complete special projects as needed.
Administrative Operations (30%):
- Works with PIs and DLC administrative staff to manage job
searches and other personnel matters.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with
- Draft and edit correspondence, communications, presentations
and other documents. Prepares required project documentation and
- Oversee group website updates and manage social networking
presence in collaboration with communications staff.
- Create and edit spreadsheets and documents in support of
program management activities.
- Manage logistics and schedule diverse and complex appointments,
group meetings, seminars, events, and conferences as needed.
- Collaborate with research groups on purchasing decisions
ensuring B2P and P-Card purchase orders are executed in support of
research activities, reimbursements are timely, and FRC is executed
monthly as needed.
- Execute on-boarding for incoming students, affiliates, and
- Execute off-boarding activities to ensure research
- Assist with grant proposal preparation in concert with PI and
other administrative staff.
- Advise PIs on establishing priorities and managing inquires to
- Collaborate with PI-assigned Fiscal Officer to ensure timely
budget information is communicated to project participants
maximizing resource allocation.
- Make travel arrangements and execute timely travel expense
- May monitor and communicate established work plans with
research associates and postdocs.
- May assist department's event staff during conferences,
seminars, meetings, luncheon/dinners, and other special
- Serve as first point of contact for PIs, greeting and directing
visitors, faculty staff and students as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as needed or required
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required
- A minimum of 2 years of administrative or project/program
management experience required.
- Proven experience successfully organizing single or multiple
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and project
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude for analysis and working with data
- Ability to interact effectively across all levels, both
internally with Our client and externally with sponsors and
partners, experience in higher education a plus.
- Good judgment, tact, and discretion and ability to handle
- Ability to function effectively both independently and as a
- MS Office software skills needed, WordPress a plus.
- Familiarity with web site editing and ability and willingness
to learn new programs
- Attention to detail
- Aptitude for organizing and multitasking
- Will be a high-level contributor, will take ownership for work,
following up on all action items, and will deliver high quality
results meeting deadlines
- Early mornings or late nights may be required at times
- Experience preferred
Keywords: Arka Inc, Cambridge , Program Coordinator, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!