Associate I, Manufacturing
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Formulation Technician I, Manufacturing
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do
important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer,
protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your
work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Manufacturing Associate is an associate with little to moderate
level of technical expertise and experience. An MA I may
independently perform routine operations commensurate with their
experience and training. An MAI participates in the day to day
operation of a cGMP compliant Manufacturing facility.
What will you do?
* Responsibilities include performing basic to moderately complex
activities related to operating bioprocess manufacturing equipment,
completing the associated documentation of those activities,
monitoring assigned processes using automated production systems
* Other activities include keeping the GMP manufacturing facility
in a state of inspection readiness, using performance tools (Human
Performance), and routine housekeeping activities.
* The MA I must be technically capable with a basic theoretical
comprehension of general biopharmaceutical manufacturing equipment,
principles and processes and have a basic understanding of current
GMP and safety standards
12 hour rotating day shift from 6:45am-7:15pm, 2 days on, 2 days
off, and rotating weekends. May require overtime to work evenings,
weekends or holidays, as required to meet project timelines.
How will you get here?
* Effectively execute work instructions while complying with
procedures and cGMP regulations. Acquires job skills and learns
company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks
* Achieving full training status associated with the department.
Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited
judgment. Has little or no role in decision-making.
* Stays up to date on required job training.
* Operates automated and manual equipment and conducts associated
activities such as sampling, material handling, cleaning and
maintenance in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures,
current Good Manufacturing Procedures and Safety guidelines.
* Performs in-process tests (such as hardness, weight, variation,
pH and moisture content) to ensure that batches meet
* Execution of manufacturing batch records with focus on "right
* Adhere to the Quality Management Systems by living the Quality
values every day and holds peers across the site accountable as
* Assist in the completion and identification of PPI initiatives
and continuous improvements.
* Escalate problems instead of trying to fix on own.
* Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
* Maintain a culture of safety by identification of near misses,
and assisting with resolution of safety observations. Ensure
chemicals are properly stored and labeled.
* 90% of time spent on the floor
Education and Qualifications:
* High school or STEM certificate preferred.
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills; written and
* Ability to function in a dynamic environment and balance multiple
* Ability to learn new software and tools quickly.
* Ability to make decisions and work with minimal to moderate
* Ability to aseptically gown and/or sterile gown as needed.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required
to write, read/review written documentation for extended periods of
* Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and ability to adjust focus.
* Is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently
is required to sit and stand for extended periods. The employee is
occasionally required to lift, stand; walk; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000+ extraordinary
minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our
singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world
healthier, cleaner and safer.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Cambridge , Associate I, Manufacturing, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!