Principal Research Associate
Company: Skills Alliance
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Skills Alliance is representing a groundbreaking biotech startup
who are dedicated to developing transformative medicines which can
strike right at the heart of disease, while also focusing on
keeping them broadly accessible to the patients who need them
most!As a result of tremendous company growth, their Cambridge, MA
location has an immediate need for a talented Principal Research
Associate.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fully lab-based role, providing technical support and
leadership for DNA cloning efforts, and other molecular biology
- Provide technical insights and employ modern cloning
technologies (i.e. Gibson/HiFi Assembly, Golden Gate/MoClo, LIC) to
generate new gene therapy vectors.
- Enable and perform high-throughput cloning to facilitate pooled
selection strategies; Generate high-diversity barcoded plasmid
- Comply with standard laboratory practices and company policies,
including strict notebook documentation and biosafety
- Contribute to the overall company mission and
- Bachelor's degree in biology and 6+ years of experience or an
equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Extensive hands-on experience of modern molecular biology
techniques, as well as with molecular analytical tools for plasmid
- Previous experience in pooled DNA cloning.
- Excellent bench skills with attention to detail and high
standards for data integrity and quality.Preferred Qualifications
- Deep knowledge of gene expression regulations in eukaryotic
expression systems and experience of using these elements to
optimize gene expression.
- Experience designing lentiviral transfer plasmids.If this
exciting opportunity sounds of interest to you, please apply with
your most updated resume and we will be in contact with you.
Keywords: Skills Alliance, Cambridge , Principal Research Associate, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!