Scientist II/ Sr. Scientist (Biophysical)
Company: Affinivax Inc.
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Affinivax is a Cambridge-based clinical-stage biotechnology company
with a novel, next-generation approach to the development of
vaccines and immunotherapies targeting infectious and other
immune-mediated diseases. This novel and highly efficient vaccine
technology - called Multiple Antigen Presenting System (MAPS) -
enables the high-affinity binding of protective polysaccharides as
well as proteins in a single vaccine, uniquely inducing a broad and
protective B-cell and T-cell immune response.
Our vision is to take a major step forward in vaccine innovation to
prevent and combat a wide range of infectious and other
immune-mediated diseases, protecting infants and adults in our
communities and making a meaningful impact on global public health.
Affinivax is focused on developing vaccines for the most
challenging bacterial infections, with a goal of improving upon
existing vaccines and providing solutions for where there are no
vaccines or prevention strategies available today.
Affinivax is currently seeking a highly motivated scientist to use
his/her expertise in assay development. The Analytical Development
Team at Affinivax is responsible for the development and
qualification of assays to support IND-enabling toxicology studies
and clinical trials. This position is ideally suited for someone
with extensive experience in biophysical analytical method
development and qualification and CRO/CMO management.
You will have the opportunity to---
- Lead, design, develop, qualify, and implement biophysical
assays to support early and late-stage vaccine development
- Oversee and facilitate analytical method transfer to CRO and
- Provide technical support for analytical method development,
qualification, validation, and operation at CRO and CMO to ensure
the delivery of high-quality data within defined timelines.
- Author, review, and approve SOPs, study protocols, reports, and
other scientific and quality documents.
- Mentor and supervise staff and be responsible for the quality
and accuracy of the work done by others. Technical expert for data
review and interpretation
- Present scientific data to cross functional teams and
effectively communicates critical issues and solutions to staff at
all levels within the organization.
Who you are and what you bring to the team---
- Ph.D. (Biochemistry, Analytical chemistry, or related
discipline) with minimum of 5 years of post-graduate industry
- Extensive hands-on working experience in analytical method
development and qualification with an in-depth knowledge of HPLC,
SEC-MALS, CE, and plate-based colorimetric assay including both
theory and practice is required. Dionex and NMR experience is a
- The ability to work successfully in both a team/matrix
environment as well as independently is essential.
- Experience in running stability protocols with associated
experimental planning and data collection and analysis.
- Strong ability to multi-task and willingness to work
effectively in a highly collaborative and diverse environment as a
team player with a strong work ethic.
- Able to maintain written records in the form of laboratory
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Medical and Dental plans (BCBS), employer-paid at 85%
- Vision Insurance, employer-paid at 100%
- Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts/Health Savings Accounts
- Wellness Benefits
- 401(k) Plan with a 4% match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous PTO package
- 11 paid holidays, plus Holiday Shutdown
- Pet Insurance
- Subsidized Parking
- Commuter Reimbursement Program
- Brand new facility in Kendall Square
In accordance with Affinivax's duty to provide and maintain a safe
workplace that is free of known hazards, we have adopted a COVID-19
vaccine policy to protect the health of our employees and their
families, our visitors, and the community at large from COVID-19.
This policy requires all employees, contractors, and temporary
workers, to (1) obtain an approved vaccination and provide proof of
vaccination or (2) request an accommodation for a medical or
religious exemption. Our policy is based on guidance from the
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention.
Affinivax is committed to providing equal employment opportunities
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, status as a veteran or as a
member of the military or status in any group protected by
applicable federal or state laws.
All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any
employee at Affinivax via email, the internet, or in any form
and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Affinivax, unless
such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Affinivax for
this position and a valid agreement with Affinivax is in place. In
the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Affinivax
agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind
will be paid.
Keywords: Affinivax Inc., Cambridge , Scientist II/ Sr. Scientist (Biophysical), Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!