Scientist II/ Senior Scientist, Computational Biology
Company: Howard-Sloan Search
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Position Summary:We are seeking a talented and motivated
Computational Biologist to join our expanding Data Sciences team.
You will tackle challenging bioinformatics and computational
biology problems to advance our understanding of Gene Writing and
help accelerate programs to the clinic. You will contribute
scientific, technical, and leadership expertise to a
multidisciplinary team, emphasizing conceptualization,
experimentation, data analysis, presentation, and strategic
planning. Key Responsibilities:
- Work both independently and as part of a collaborative,
multi-disciplinary team to design, analyze, and interpret
multi-omics technologies focused on understanding gene writing
- Lead the Implementation of computational pipelines to develop
and understand novel and existing NGS-based technologies to
identify on-target and off-target gene writing events.
- Process, analyze, and interpret data from a wide variety of
research and preclinical projects to develop rigorous
- Lead and mentor junior scientists to collectively achieve team
- Collaborate closely with experimental scientists to ensure that
data is effectively utilized for high level impact.
- Present scientific findings to broad audiences including senior
leadership to drive decision making in program teamsBasic
- Ph.D. (or comparable experience) in Computational Biology,
Bioinformatics, or related quantitative discipline.
- 6+ years of industry experience in discovery research.
- Proficient with experimental design, data processing,
statistical analysis, and bioinformatics analysis/reporting of
next-generation sequencing data.
- Fluency in one or more programming languages with
bioinformatics applications (R, Python).
- Track record of success working in a fast-paced,
cross-functional, and rapidly growing organization.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, ability to
work with colleagues from diverse scientific backgrounds and
- Experience with recent advances in gene therapy and development
of gene editing platforms as therapeutics.
- Familiarity with computational methods for understanding
molecular results of gene editing outcomes including on-target,
off-target, and structural variants.
- Familiarity with short and long read next-generation sequencing
platforms (Illumina, PacBio, Nanopore).
- Proficiency in handling large scale sequencing data in a cloud
environment (AWS preferred).
- Proficiency in statistics and machine learning.
Keywords: Howard-Sloan Search, Cambridge , Scientist II/ Senior Scientist, Computational Biology, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!