Company: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Location:736 Cambridge Street, Brighton, MA 02135
Category:Administration Support/Customer Service
Employment Type:Full time
Work Location:Onsite:Up to 1 day remote/wkOverviewProvides superior
customer service to all patients, family members, physicians and
staff, including check-in and check-out services, updating patient
information, answering non-clinical patient questions, and
assisting patients with finding their way within the Cancer Center,
in accordance with the DFCI Customer Service Standards. The
practice coordinator may also assist with registration of new
patients including the collection of demographic information and
insurance information.This position is fully on-site.Located in
Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer
Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative
researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common
mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases.
Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a
genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and
comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research
that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's
physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our
community; and we work with amazing partners, including other
Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.ResponsibilitiesPRIMARY
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Practice Coordinator I:
- Under the direction of the clinical practice support management
team, provides appointment scheduling ranging in complexity from
one physician appointment to multiple care provider appointments in
accordance with department scheduling guidelines for new and/or
- Performs front desk check-in and check-out functions (may defer
complicated scheduling to Practice Coordinator II as needed).
- Obtains detailed clinical information face-to-face, by
telephone or electronically.
- May provide basic information regarding the need for insurance
- Performs independent patient and outside provider call triaging
and assists in directing patient flow.
- Serves as a liaison between patient/family/provider.
- Confirm patient's demographics (address/phone numbers etc) and
- Review patient "alerts" in IDX and reconcile ie: patient
contact information, Medicare Survey etc.
- Responsible for complex scheduling activities associated with
patients arriving from main campus, other centers or other outside
entities and coordinating 2nd opinion physicians, specialists,
- Ensures the completion of prior authorizations for radiology
testing and authorizations for outside ancillary services.
- Manage all incoming referrals; provide appointment setting and
coordination of medical records.
- May navigate new patients and educate them about all available
- Understand and utilize DFCI systems as well as the local
Hospital's systems i.e. Meditech
- Resolves issues directly or ensures appropriate management of
call by others.
- Recognizes emergencies and appropriately responses using
standard operating procedures and critical thinking skills.
- May be required to perform other duties as required by the
clinical practice support team.
- May provide general administrative support and coordination for
all aspects of patient care for both new and/or established
patients, including filing, document preparation, data entry,
telephone support, etc.
- Refer patients to financial counselor as needed at DFCI.
- If insurance has changed, copy card and give to New Patient
Coordinator for updating and insurance eligibility check.
- Requires basic knowledge of insurance plans which constantly
change; knowledge of insurances that SEMC/DFCI are participants;
and high risk insurances
- Takes phones off of forwarding to the answering service;
retrieves messages from the answering service and triages
- Handles incoming requests for records and mails/faxes
information as appropriate; Faxes notifications to HIS as necessary
(patient name changes, etc)QualificationsPractice Coordinator I:
Associate's degree and/or 0-2 years work experience required.
Experience working in a medical or customer service setting
preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:All positions in the job
family will require excellent customer service and computer skills
with proficiency in a Windows environment required.Practice
Coordinator I: Ability to multi-task and function as an integral
member of the team. Excellent verbal and written communication
skills required. Excellent computer, customer service and problem
solving skills required. Demonstrated ability to draft reports,
correspondence and other administrative documents pertaining to
patient scheduling as needed.At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we
work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive
environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels
they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the
burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying
our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes
to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do
we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we
encourage you to apply.Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal
opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified
applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national
origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age,
ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other
groups as protected by law.
Keywords: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Cambridge , Practice Coordinator, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!