Company: Planet Pharma
Posted on: June 20, 2022
- Candidate with BS/MS with 8+ or PhD in molecular/cellular
biology or related biological fields
- Possess excellent communication skills with ability to clear
present scientific data and project updates to a diverse group of
- Experience working in collaborative research environments to
advance scientific projects.
- You are detail-oriented, independent, willing to ask questions
and have excellent communication skills.
- Automation experience/pharmacology, Liquid handling experience
- Hamilton, core competencies with cell culture. Preferred:
- Experience with human stem cell culture, genetic/genomic
manipulations (CRISPR), and automation applied to high throughput
screening approaches are needed.
- Previous experience working on drug discovery projects.
- Experience in the field of Neuroscience or Immunology.Job
Description: The Merck Genome Sciences (GS) Neuro-Immunology iPSC
disease modeling group within the Department of Genome and
Biomarker Sciences (GBx) collaborates with multiple therapeutic
areas (Immunology and Neuroscience) to identify and validate new
targets based on Human Genetics. Our mission is to validate targets
through development and application of improved human model systems
to better understand each targets mechanism of action. Our group
utilizes genetic (CRISPR) and pharmacological manipulations of
induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) model systems to validate the
role of targets in mechanisms related to pathobiology of human
diseases. The Genome Sciences Neuro-Immunology iPSC disease
modeling group is seeking a passionate and dedicated experimental
biologist or pharmacologist to join our team. In collaboration with
GBx and pharmacology colleagues, the candidate will help develop
automation protocols for high-throughput screening to identify
neuroimmune drug targets. You will be part of a dynamic and
innovative early discovery research environment that is based at
our Research Labs in Cambridge, MA. The Scientist will report into
the GS Neuro-Immunology iPSC disease modeling group lead and will
be expected to work both independently and collaboratively with
colleagues. The responsibilities of this Scientist role include but
are not limited to:
- Formulate and execute automation protocols to enable high
throughput assay readouts with iPSC-derived microglial cells in
collaboration with experimental scientists within and outside
- Work with cross-functional teams including disease area
biologists, pharmacologists and chemists to execute high throughput
screens and identify neuroimmune drug targets.
- Effectively communicate and present data to diverse group of
Keywords: Planet Pharma, Cambridge , Sr. Scientist, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!