Associate Scientist /Senior Associate Scientist, C
Company: KSQ Therapeutics
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Job DescriptionAt KSQ Therapeutics, we seek to understand the
role of every human gene in each disease, each tissue, and each
cell that we study. This comprehensive approach has resulted in a
massive, experimentally derived dataset that we have found to be
remarkably predictive of past successes and failures in oncology
and immuno-oncology product development. Utilizing this approach,
we also identified a number of opportunities for the development of
new medicines. As a result, we have aggressively invested in these
distinct, highly validated pathways for new drug development with
the expectation that the medicines we create may become the next
breakthrough products for patients.Founded in late 2015, KSQ is a
clinical stage biotech that has rapidly advanced the field of
CRISPR-enabled functional genomics, from in vitro cell autonomous
screens to more complex genome-scale screens of immune cells in
vivo. The company has expanded the scope of its technology to
include multiple cell types and to unlock areas beyond oncology.
KSQ is led by a team of accomplished industry experts in drug
discovery and development.RequirementsKSQ Therapeutics is seeking a
motivated and team-oriented individual who will be a key
contributor to enabling process development and characterization of
KSQ cell therapy products. The scope of the role spans early-stage
process development through technology transfer for clinical
- Design and perform experiments involving the isolation,
engineering, expansion, and cryopreservation of engineered Tumor
Infiltrating Lymphocyte (eTILTM) cells for the treatment of solid
- Provide critical laboratory support to process development
activities in preparation for technology transfer by optimizing
protocols for TIL engineering, including gene editing methods,
culture conditions, and scale-up.
- Analyze data, interpret scientific results, author protocols
and reports, and present scientific data to key internal
- Support Design of Experiment (DoE) experiments using scale down
- Independently manage and execute on key project workstreams
while working collaboratively with members from other functional
groups including Research, Translational Medicine, and
- Maintain critical raw material database and provide timely
updates to inform decision making and scheduling.
- Generate and maintain critical data in a highly organized
- Compile and present data to functional team.
- Coordinate and/or prepare critical reagents as needed to
support laboratory activities.
- This is a hands-on position and requires the candidate to have
a flexible schedule based on experimental and company needs.Key
- A BS/MS degree in chemical engineering, biotechnology, biology,
or related discipline with 1-4 years of relevant experience.
- Expertise in primary human immune cell culture techniques and
familiarity with common cellular therapy equipment such as Sepax,
LOVO, controlled rate freezers, and CliniMACS is preferred.
- Experience with gene editing of primary cells using CRISPR/Cas9
- Experience with standard immunological and functional assays
such as multi-parameter flow cytometry, ELISA and cytotoxicity
- Experience with standard molecular biology techniques,
including but not limited to: PCR, RT-PCR, qPCR.
- Possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and
the ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced
- Ability to independently manage priorities and make decisions
to ensure deliverables are completed in a timely fashion.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to handle
confidential information and material appropriately.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and
PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism, and FlowJo.
- Covid-19 vaccination is a condition of employment at KSQ,
subject to reasonable accommodation where required by law.
Employees must be fully vaccinated by date of hire to be
Keywords: KSQ Therapeutics, Cambridge , Associate Scientist /Senior Associate Scientist, C, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!