Senior Associate Scientist
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Why Patients Need YouEverything we do, every day, is in line
with an unwavering commitment to the quality and the delivery of
safe and effective products to patients. Our science and risk-based
compliant quality culture is flexible, innovative, and customer
oriented. Whether you are involved in development, maintenance,
compliance or analysis through research programs, your contribution
will directly impact patientsSenior Associate Scientist,
High-Throughput mRNA and Protein Production Pfizer's BioMedicine
Design (BMD) High-Throughput Protein Production (HTP) group is
seeking a highly motivated scientist with experience in production
of a range of macromolecules: mammalian cell culture and
transfection, and purification of DNA, RNA, or protein. The
candidate will play a critical role in a core group that
consistently delivers hundreds of RNA and protein samples per week
to research teams across BMD. The candidate will be responsible for
maintenance of mammalian cells; high throughput automated
transfection and purification of DNA, RNA, and protein; and
macromolecule characterization. The candidate will contribute to
BMD-wide deliverables, work on multiple projects simultaneously, as
well as present results at group & project meetings.How You Will
- Mammalian cell culture and transfection using liquid handling
- High-throughput automated purification and characterization of
DNA, mRNA, and antibodies.
- Optimization of the automated processes throughout the
high-throughput production workflow.
- Organization and storage of DNA, mRNA, and protein samples,
including tracking using Genedata Biologics. Software and/or
FreezerPro, as well as record keeping using departmental electronic
- Close interaction with project teams.
- Regular review of literature to maintain knowledge of
scientific trends and industry processes, advance molecular biology
and protein production methods.QualificationsMust-Have
- Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree with 3+ years of
experience, in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, Biological
Engineering or a related discipline along with a basic
understanding of molecular biology and purification methods.
- Track record of high-quality execution of standard laboratory
- Track record of strong problem solving and organizational
skills, orientation to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, work under
strict deadlines, and remain flexible with changing needs.
- Ability to work effectively to solve process development
problems and implement improved procedures.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.Nice-to-Have
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in mammalian cell
transfection; purification of DNA, mRNA, or protein using affinity
and/or traditional chromatographic techniques; characterization of
- Industry experience in transfection, macromolecule
purification, or similar discipline.
- Experience with high-throughput laboratory automation,
including writing and troubleshooting protocols.
- Understanding of state-of-the-art purification
- Experience with Design of Experiments (DoE) and data
- Experience with high throughput sample tracking and laboratory
logistics software.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As
required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for
Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and
other transfers of value to health care providers as required by
federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations.
These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government
agencies with information such as a health care provider's name,
address and the type of payments or other value received, generally
for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and
statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to
pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed
physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the
federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act.
Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting
expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or
reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made
currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions
regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your
Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment
EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms
and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify
employer.Research and Development
Keywords: Pfizer, Cambridge , Senior Associate Scientist, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!