Associate Scientist (Single Cell Science)
Company: HiFiBiO Therapeutics
Posted on: May 14, 2022
The Role Overview:
- We currently have an exciting a motivated, hands-on Associate
Scientist opportunity to work in the areas of single-cell analysis
of primary human tumors, microfluidic B cell screening, and immune
- The individual in this position would be routinely operating
and further developing our microfluidic CelliGO single-cell
platform and applying it for immune repertoire screening and
translational patient sample analysis.
- Successful candidates will work closely with Senior Scientist
(Microfluidics) and the Single-cell Science team to discover novel
biomarkers and characterize diverse antibody formats.
- The individual must be a persistent problem-solver,
well-organized, strong team player, proactive, ambitious, and
capable of working independently to timely deliver quality results
in a fast-paced environment.
- This is an impactful opportunity that will have a key role in
advancing our therapeutic programs and in shaping the culture of a
young, dynamic, multinational company working at the leading edge
of immuno-oncology and immune repertoire profiling.
- This position will be based at the Cambridge, MA site of
This individual will be part of the Single Cell Science group at
the Cambridge, MA site.
The daily duties and tasks of this position are to participate in
the execution of experiments as part of the company's Single Cell
Science and Biomarker and Antibody Discovery programs.
- Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Mastering, operating and maintaining the company's proprietary
microfluidic cell screening platform and make sure they function
- Writing support documentation and SOPs.
- Supporting the development of novel applications of our
microfluidic single-cell analysis system.
- Data analysis, interpretation, and presentation.
- Regular and organized documentation of experiments in an
electronic lab notebook.
- Supporting lab organization.
- Working cross-functionally as part of interdisciplinary
multi-project teams with colleagues in Cambridge; Paris, France;
and multiple China sites.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are key.
- BS/MS in Biological Engineering, Applied Microfluidics,
Biochemistry, Immunology, Molecular Biology, or a related field
- Mechanical inclination and aptitude are critical. Experience
with microfluidic systems, PDMS, laser optics, high-speed imaging,
and single-cell technologies.
- Hands-on experience in using fluorescent cell-based
immunoassays (e.g., flow cytometry, ELISAs, ELISPOT).
- Fundamental knowledge of immunology. Knowledge of B cell and T
cell biology, human and mouse immune cells, surface markers and
their functions in health and cancer, antibody V gene repertoire
analysis, and genetics is a plus.
- Familiarity with data analysis software, such as MATLAB,
Microsoft Office and GraphPad Prism, FlowJo, and sequence analysis
- Experience working with immune cells and culture of mammalian
- General laboratory management and operation. Demonstration of
good laboratory techniques.
- Ability to work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven
ability to work within a team environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are
considered for positions and evaluated without regard to mental or
physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender
status, marital status or any other protected Federal/National,
State/Province, or Local status unrelated to the performance of the
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies
Our Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment
process for HiFiBiO Therapeutics. To protect the interests of all
parties involved, HiFiBiO will only accept resumes from a recruiter
if an executed search agreement directed to the particular
position(s) is in place. Unsolicited resumes sent to HiFiBiO from
recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the
recruiter and HiFiBiO and do not obligate HiFiBiO in any way to pay
any fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are
requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our
hiring manager or employees; no response will be provided to such
contact or presentation.
About HiFiBiO Therapeutics
HiFiBiO is a clinical stage biotech company advancing a robust
pipeline targeting both innate and adaptive immunity to treat
cancer and autoimmune disease. Our proprietary and versatile DIS---
single-cell platform enables the rapid discovery of novel antibody
therapeutics and predictive biomarkers through our internal
development programs and strategic collaborations. Our passionate
team across three continents embraces a fast-paced and engaging
work environment to bring transformative medicines to patients.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: HiFiBiO Therapeutics, Cambridge , Associate Scientist (Single Cell Science), Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!