Company: Q-State Biosciences
Posted on: May 14, 2022
About the Company
Q-State Biosciences has developed an all-optical electrophysiology
platform (Optopatch) for controlling and recording activity in
electrically-active cells such as rodent primary and human iPS
cell-derived neurons. The platform combines proprietary,
ultrasensitive optogenetic actuators and voltage reporters, stem
cell technology and advanced optical imaging. Q-State Biosciences
uses custom instrumentation and software to probe cellular
physiology with sub-micron spatial resolution and sub-millisecond
temporal resolution. Q-State technology probes dynamic cellular
physiology with far higher throughput and information content than
are achieved with manual patch clamp, multi-electrode arrays or
calcium- or voltage-sensitive dyes.
Q-State provides best-in-class R&D for:
- Neuronal drug discovery,
- Development and validation of in vitro models of neurological
- Mechanistic studies for pharmacological compounds
- Development of antisense oligonucleotide-based candidate
Summary of Position
Q-State Biosciences is seeking a highly motivated Research
Associate to join our Cell Biology Department. Research Associate
will support and execute Q-State's cutting edge neuronal production
and characterization by working closely with Q-State's scientific
and management team to perform studies in a high quality and
scientifically rigorous fashion.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Execute and troubleshoot experiments that support high quality
production of neuronal cultures for Q-State's multiple
customer-based and internal R&D projects.
- Maintain and characterize multiple human iPS cell lines.
- Use transcriptional programming and directed differentiation
strategies to produce various types of high-quality human iPS
cell-derived neurons, including excitatory, inhibitory and motor
- Carry out RNA and DNA preparations from human cell lines and
- Perform candidate gene expression analysis using quantitative
- Assess protein expression using immunocytochemistry,
immunoblotting and ELISA.
- Assist with cell culture lab operations, including inventory,
purchasing of lab reagents and supplies, and aliquoting of
recombinant protein and lentiviral particle stocks.
- Communicate work progress via technical reports, powerpoint
presentations, and seminars at internal meetings.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in biology, cell biology,
biotechnology or a related field.
- Strong background in Molecular and Cell Biology principles and
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and DNA/RNA/Protein
preparation and readout assays (PCR, qPCR, immunoblotting,
- Ability to work independently and in cross-disciplinary
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Experience in a clinical lab setting is a plus.
- Experience with human iPS cells and neuronal cultures is a
- Experience with 96/384-well cultures and high-throughput
screening is a plus.
- Experience with rodent dissections (CNS tissue) is a
Keywords: Q-State Biosciences, Cambridge , Research Associate, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!