Senior Scientist, Preclinical Research and Discovery
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Reporting to the Associate Director of Preclinical, this
position will be responsible for key aspects of the discovery and
development of PepGen's Enhance Delivery Oligonucleotide (EDO)
programs and future pipeline product candidates as well as
interfacing with PepGen's external CRO partners. Further, the
successful candidate must be able to effectively multitask, have
strong documentation skills, and should be comfortable working in
multidisciplinary, cross-functional teams.Responsibilities:
- Develop, optimize and perform in vitro efficacy and
tolerability assays to assess PepGen's enhanced delivery
- Work collaboratively with pre-clinical, discovery and CMC teams
to drive the development and optimization of PepGen's pipeline
therapeutics to ensure timely delivery of key datasets.
- Identify CRO partners and subsequently oversee outsourced in
vitro and in vivo studies.
- Maintain clear technical records and prepare summary
presentations and reports of ongoing activities for both internal
and external audiences.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, discovery, and
cutting-edge research culture focused on scientific excellence,
open communication, and continual improvement.
- Mentoring junior lab members.Requirements:
- MS or PhD in life science with at least 2-5 years of relevant
experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with in vitro disease models using primary and
immortalized human cells and medium-through put assay formats to
support drug discovery.
- Proficient in techniques, including method development and
optimization, critical for molecular and cellular biology
experiments e.g. protein and nucleic acid extraction and gene
expression analysis by RT-PCR, qPCR and/or digital PCR and western
- Experience with managing and/or conducting studies with
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in skeletal and/or
cardiac muscle biology.
- Experience working with cell penetrating peptides, nucleic
acids, and/or oligonucleotide conjugates in drug discovery and
- Proven ability to work independently, think strategically and
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to efficiently
relay information to project teams, senior management team and with
other key stakeholders.
- Experience working in a start-up or small biotech environment
is a plus.About PepGen:We are a biotechnology company advancing
next-generation oligonucleotide therapies for neuromuscular and
neurological diseases. Our ambition is to unlock the potential of
nucleic acid therapeutics by leveraging the drug delivery
capabilities of our proprietary Enhanced Delivery Oligonucleotide
(EDO) platform. We are applying this technology across a wide range
of indications through independent and partnered development
pathways and are rapidly growing our team, especially at our U.S.
headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts.PepGen is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action
employer.PepGen requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines "fully vaccinated"
as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two
weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. PepGen will
require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption
from this requirementas a reasonable accommodation for medical
reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation
would not cause PepGen undue hardship or pose a direct threat to
the healthorsafety ofthe employee orothers.
Keywords: PepGen, Cambridge , Senior Scientist, Preclinical Research and Discovery, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!