Scientist/Senior Scientist, Discovery Chemistry
Company: Mersana Therapeutics, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Scientist/Senior Scientist - Discovery Chemistry Mersana
Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company using
its differentiated and proprietary ADC platforms to rapidly develop
novel ADCs with optimal efficacy, safety and tolerability to
meaningfully improve the lives of people fighting cancer. Mersana's
lead product candidate, upifitamab rilsodotin (UpRi, XMT-1536), is
in the expansion portion of a Phase 1 proof-of-concept clinical
study in patients with ovarian cancer and NSCLC adenocarcinoma. In
2021, Mersana intends to initiate a single-arm registration
enabling strategy in platinum resistant ovarian cancer (UPLIFT) as
well as a combination study in earlier lines (UPGRADE). XMT-1592,
Mersana's second ADC product candidate targeting NaPi2b-expressing
tumors, was created using Mersana's customizable and homogeneous
Dolasynthen platform and is in the dose escalation portion of a
Phase 1 proof-of-concept clinical study. The Company's early-stage
programs include XMT-1660, a Dolasynthen ADC targeting B7-H4, as
well as XMT-2056, a STING-agonist ADC developed using the Company's
Immunosynthen platform. In addition, multiple partners are using
Mersana's Dolaflexin platform to advance their ADC pipelines.
Mersana's mission is to discover and develop life-changing
antibody-drug conjugates for patients fighting cancer. We seek
individuals who share our excitement about the possibilities our
proprietary drug conjugation platforms offer, as well as our
commitment to making a meaningful difference for patients and their
families. At Mersana we have a highly collaborative culture and
believe that our collective ability to make a difference exceeds
the sum of our individual efforts. Mersana has an exciting new
opportunity to join our growing organization as a Scientist or
Senior Scientist in the Discovery Chemistry group. S/he/they will
be pushing the limits on what can be done with ADCs, building on
key advancements exemplified with the immunosynthen platform. We
aim to look beyond traditional cytotoxins and identify other drugs
which would benefit from a targeted delivery strategy. Take the
next step and be at the forefront of the exciting world of ADCs!
Key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Design, synthesis, purification, and characterization of target
- Accurate and thorough record keeping, contributing to patent
applications and publications
- Effectively communicating plans and progress to both internal
and external scientific audiences.
- Contributing to chemistry strategy aligned with project
- Developing SAR through data analysis and analog design.
- Demonstrating a strong learning ability by mastering new or
unfamiliar areas of science.
- Acting as a team player, demonstrating flexibility and
commitment to achieve project and company goals. How do you know if
you're the right fit?
- Have a Ph.D./Postdoc in synthetic organic chemistry (0-5 years
industry experience), with a strong record of accomplishment.
- Have knowledge and understanding of safe operating practices in
- Are proficient in experimental design and use of laboratory
equipment, and are familiar with modern analytical techniques for
- Have experience in synthetic route design.
- Are highly organized, with excellent record keeping and data
- Have the ability to influence workflows and outcomes, based
upon past industrial/academic experiences.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to
collaborate across disciplines, as well as having excellent written
and oral communication skills. The other stuff:
- You proactively share expertise and ideas, demonstrating
flexibility and open-mindedness.
- You work in an open, collaborative manner, showing respect for
colleagues and their ideas.
- You work effectively as part of a team, and communicate with
colleagues at all levels.
- You are candid and honest in discussions.
- You are reliable, showing commitment to team goals and
- You have a positive attitude, maintaining consistent work level
and motivation, even in the event of negative results.
- You readily acquire new skills and techniques.
- Experience with championing a project or initiative is
desirable, but not required.
- Experience managing outsourced chemistry projects is desirable,
but not required. Position is eligible for bonus, option awards,
and benefits, including medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k)
participation, vacation, and paid holidays. Successful candidate
must be authorized to work in the United States. Mersana
Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Mersana Therapeutics, Inc., Cambridge , Scientist/Senior Scientist, Discovery Chemistry, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!