Posted on: January 13, 2022
At Biogen, our mission is clear - we are pioneers in neuroscience.
Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative
therapies for people living with serious neurological and
neurodegenerative diseases. Together, our employees create,
commercialize, and manufacture transformative therapies for our
We at Biogen are committed to building on our culture of inclusion
and belonging that---reflects---the communities where we operate
and the patients who we serve.---We are focused on strengthening
our foundation to advance our overall Diversity, Equity and
Inclusion (DE&I) strategy and, most importantly, ensure all our
employees feel included.
As an intern or co-op at Biogen, you can expect to be placed on a
real project, under the guidance of experience professionals and
subject matter experts who are invested in your career and academic
growth. We also ensure that you have plenty of opportunities to
build your network, learn more about our organization through
weekly lunch and learns led by leaders from across the company, and
join us for several fun events.
This application is for a 6-month student role from July - December
2022. Resume review begins in January 2022.
The IT Sourcing Team at Biogen is responsible for ensuring optimal
value in our acquisition of third-party technology and services,
supporting the teams providing Biogen's information technology
through their comprehensive review of available offerings,
commercial and contract negotiations, and ongoing supplier
relationship management. IT Sourcing works cross-functionally with
subject-matter experts across Biogen to ensure best fit and address
risks, while driving continuous process improvement.
IT Sourcing is becoming more embedded in the IT Functions through
its work and are working to formalize and enhance specialized
sourcing approaches in the technology domain. We have an
opportunity for a talented individual to work with our team, learn
the IT Sourcing process in a support role, shadow, and in practice,
while gathering requirements and best practices, improving
documentation and training materials, and exploring tools to drive
Detailed description of role including but not limited to:
- Providing research, analysis, and operational support to Senior
Sourcing Managers as they work Technology leadership and their
teams to create alignment and develop strategic relationships.
- Scope, structure, research, and draft presentations,
documentation, instructions, and templates for best practices for
use in the Source-to-Pay process.
- Partner with Procurement Strategic Operations team to
incorporate strategic sourcing tools that drive continuous
improvement and optimize quality into the sourcing process.
- Work with IT Functional leaders and the Project Portfolio
Management Office on select engagements to drive the procurement
lifecycle from supplier selection (RFPs/RFI's) to final legal
- Proactively conduct market-intelligence activities
- Perform industry, supply market, and supply chain
- Uncover trends and best practices in category sourcing and
- Share knowledge, insight, and advice in a way that contributes
to long-term business strategies
- Research current spending and solutions to identify demand
management opportunities and incorporate them into appropriate
- Explore available data and process management solutions to
reduce manual and duplicative processes, improve visibility and
create lift for the Sourcing Team
To participate in the Biogen Internship Program, students must meet
the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or
- Proficiency in Word, Excel &PowerPoint, and ability to
quickly learn new tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an entrepreneurial
- Strong analytical skills, able to organize and interpret data
to support effective strategies
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to shift
priorities and manage changing demands with a sense of urgency
- Ability to provide clear and concise documentation and
Minimum: Bachelor of Science candidate in Business, Management,
Legal Studies or related field.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Biogen, Cambridge , Co-op: Procurement, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!