Senior Research Associate
Company: Planet Pharma
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Senior Research Associate Needed!
- Execute various fermentation extraction protocols (solvent and
resin based) to prepare crude extracts for biophysical and
biochemical assay screening.
- Purify crude extracts to enriched fractions via solvent-solvent
partitioning and flash chromatography.
- Collaborate with other teams to manage pipeline of incoming and
processed fermentation experiments.
- Share inventory management responsibilities with the team to
ensure common consumables (e.g. vials, cartridges, chemicals and
solvents) are continuously in stock.
- Follow all safety and operational laboratory SOPs.
- Document experiments and data in laboratory notebooks and LIMS
in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare and present experimental results at group meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in organic chemistry, analytical chemistry,
or closely related field. A minimum of 1 - 2 years of industry
- Experience in extraction and purification of low and medium
molecular weight organic molecules (e.g. up to 1 kD). Preferred
experience in the use of normal-phase flash chromatography.
- Knowledge of fungi preferred but not required.
- Excellent written, organizational (e.g. time management) and
documentation skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and to give/receive
- Facility with effective communication with colleagues and
- Strong understanding and familiarity with laboratory methods
and safety protocols.
- The successful candidate should be a quick learner,
self-starter, enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team
environment, and be motivated to develop and apply new technologies
to advance the projects efficiently.
Keywords: Planet Pharma, Cambridge , Senior Research Associate, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!