Senior Principal Scientist, Molecular Pharmaceutics
Posted on: November 19, 2021
The Senior Principal Scientist is a scientific leadership role
within the Molecular Pharmaceutics group, The Molecular
Pharmaceutics group supports early stage drug and drug product
design, biopharmaceutics understanding and early clinical drug
delivery strategy of new small molecules within the Internal
Medicine, Immunology and Inflammation and Rare Disease therapeutic
areas. Key activities/abilities include:
- Understanding of the connectivity of molecular structure,
complex solution kinetics, thermodynamics, diffusion and permeation
of molecules across membranes.
- Strong fundamental understanding of molecular/supramolecular
interactions of small molecules in solution/suspension/colloid
- Ability and interest to understand and probe
molecular/supramolecular interactions of small molecules in polymer
and lipid matrices.
- Efficient application of existing advanced modeling and
simulation tools for predictive small molecule drug behavior; such
as stability or bioperformance of small molecules.
- Development of novel advanced modeling and simulation tools for
predictive characteristics of small molecules, i.e. application of
solution thermodynamics and kinetics to understand the transport of
small organic molecule drugs across biological membranes.
- Development and advancement of fundamental concepts to improve
predictive capabilities; such as the connection of in vitro small
molecule attributes to stability, physical-chemical properties or
in vivo performance.
- Maintain an awareness of and contribute to current relevant
- Conduct novel scientific research and present significant
findings via internal and external presentations or
- Molecular Pharmaceutics lead scientist will provide scientific
leadership and strategic direction for the fundamental
understanding of key connectivity of molecular structure, solution
behavior, diffusion behavior and permeation characteristics and
apply this understanding towards optimal drug and drug delivery
- Applies multidisciplinary fundamentals and principles (from
pharmaceutics, physical/physical organic chemistry, biophysical
chemistry and/or supramolecular chemistry) to impact drug candidate
design, characterization, formulation, evaluation and
- Teaches, mentors and coaches colleagues across the Pfizer
- Cultivates sustainable and effective relationships with
internal partners and stakeholders, i.e., partner lines in Med
Design, PharmSci Small Molecule (PSSM), Clinical Pharmacology
(ClinPharm), Drug Safety (DSRD), relevant Research Units, and
Pharmacokinetics, Dynamics, and Metabolism (PDM).
- Advances scientific research and expands capability in the
areas of molecular design-drug delivery, biopharmaceutics and drug
formulation. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS Candidate demonstrates a breadth
of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the
ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach
others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve
meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- PhD in Pharmaceutics, Physical Chemistry, Physical Organic
Chemistry, Biophysical Chemistry or related discipline with 5-10
years relevant experience or BS/MS in Pharmaceutics, Physical
Chemistry, Physical Organic Chemistry, Biophysical Chemistry or
related discipline with a minimum of 10+ years relevant
- Experience in understanding, applying and/or modeling of
physicochemical, solubility/dissolution behavior o biophysical
transport phenomena; design, interpretation and use of in vitro
experiments to model complex multidimensional systems.
- A strong interest and motivation to learn and implement new
technologies, models and concepts.
- Extensive practical experience working within
cross-disciplinary teams and achieving results in a matrix
- Excellent organizational and communication (oral and written)
- The ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively
across various disciplines.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven track record of mentoring and coaching junior
- Understanding of drug discovery and development concepts.
- Experience in actively developing and advancing scientific
initiatives and external collaborations.
- Collaborative and effective partnering skills applied in a
complex, multi-disciplinary organizational model.
- High degree of self-awareness and emotional
- Sitting and standing
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to perform complex data analysisNON-STANDARD WORK
SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Occasional travel required between Pfizer sites in Groton, CT,
Boulder, CO and La Jolla, CA.Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Relocation Package: YES
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES#LI-PFEPfizer requires
all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the
first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer
will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine
ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health
care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws
and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require
Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a
health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or
other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to
further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification,
which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting
expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable
transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known
as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who
incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer
that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of
payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you
have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to
contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment
EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms
and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify
employer.Research and Development#LI-PFE
Keywords: Pfizer, Cambridge , Senior Principal Scientist, Molecular Pharmaceutics, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!