Child Care Center Classroom Assistant
Company: Kiddie Academy of Cambridge
Posted on: November 16, 2021
JOB DESCRIPTION _ Assistant Teacher _EMPLOYEE: REPORTS TO:
Classroom Teacher, Academy Director JOB SUMMARY Assists in the
daily management and supervision of classroom and children, as
directed by the classroom teacher.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assists and supervises children during all activities. Counsels
children when social, academic or adjustment problems arise.
- Develops plans and prepares instructional aids and materials
for classroom activities.
- Ensures that appearance, cleanliness, and safe environment of
classroom are appropriately maintained.
- Assists children with meal times and clean-up.
- Assists with all academy and classroom paperwork: for example,
daily notes, accident reports, and attendance reports.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, academy events, and
parent meetings as requested.
- Assists with preparation and implementation of classroom lesson
plans, programs, and schedule.
- Ensures that all classroom and outdoor equipment are in good
working condition and are used and maintained properly.
- Responsible for attending workshops, conferences, and
- Reports any problems to the teacher-in-charge or the
- Reports to director when not able to attend work.ADDITIONAL
- Accepts temporary work assignments in the event regularly
scheduled personnel are not available; for example, takes full
responsibility for the classroom in the absence of the classroom
teacher, or may write, submit, and implement a weekly lesson
- Performs other similar or related duties as necessary.JOB
- Meets all state requirements for the position.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent and be 18 years of
age. Or must be in a high school work study program relating to the
area of child care.
- Must be able to lift no less than 40 pounds on a consistent
basis throughout the workday to at least waist high.2003-2014
Essential Brands, Inc. (06/14)Job Types: Full-time,
- Paid time offSchedule:
- Monday to FridayCOVID-19 considerations:Daily health screening
of all staff and children. No visitors or vendors are allowed in
the building during operating hours. All visitors and vendors must
pass the screening attestation to enter.Application Question(s):
- I am willing to undergo mandatory background check.Education:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Childcare: 1 year (Required)Language:
- English (Required)License/Certification:
- EEC Certification (Preferred)Work Location: One location
Keywords: Kiddie Academy of Cambridge, Cambridge , Child Care Center Classroom Assistant, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!