RN- Labor and Delivery
Company: Cambridge Health Alliance
Posted on: July 16, 2021
The Maternity Suite at Cambridge Hospital is a beautiful unit
with scenic views of downtown Boston and Harvard Square. It
includes a Labor and Delivery (L&D) Unit, Post Partum Unit, and
Continuing Care Nursery and helps more than 1,000 growing families
every year. The 7 bed labor unit has 3 triage bays and 2 operating
suites. We are proud of our multidisciplinary patient care, our
culturally sensitive approach to labor and delivery, and some of
the lowest C-section rates in Massachusetts. The Post Partum Unit
consists of 14 private rooms with a level 1b Continuing Care
nursery. This unit provides care for mothers and infants through
the early stages of postpartum to discharge. We foster a culturally
sensitive approach to couplet care and early family bonding.
Unit Specific Responsibilities in the areas of : McGovern
Maternity Unit Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery
- Provides an ongoing assessment and care of the mother through the
antenatal, intrapartum, and postpartum periods according to
- Provides ongoing assessment and care of the mother and newborn
according to established guidelines.
- Provides education from antenatal to immediate postpartum
- Orchestrates and initiates discharge planning and follow up care
for mother and newborn.
- Participates in ongoing labor and delivery unit based quality
Evidence Based Practice
- Maintains clinical practice in accordance with AWHONN, ACOG, NRP,
and AAP established guidelines.
- Successfully completes the labor and delivery unit based
competency programs as required.
Current MA RN Licensure.
Graduation from an NLN accredited school of nursing.
BSN strongly preferred: BSN required within 1 year of date of hire
for newly hired RNs.
Current Labor and Delivery experience required
American Heart Association BLS and ACLS Required
NRP Preferred; AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring -
Keywords: Cambridge Health Alliance, Cambridge , RN- Labor and Delivery, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!