Regional Director, Field Medical Affairs - West
Company: Acceleron Pharma
Posted on: June 12, 2021
What is it in for you?
Reporting to the Sr. National Director of U.S. Field Medical
Affairs, the Regional Director will be a member of the U.S. Field
Medical Affairs Leadership Team. In alignment with Medical Affairs'
strategies, the successful candidate will be responsible for the
development and implementation of regional field medical
strategies, including establishing the goals and objectives. The
Regional Director will collaborate closely with the Sr. National
Director to build and manage the reginal Field Medical Affairs
team, oversee the effective execution of the field medical plan and
key MSL programs regionally or nationally if necessary.
What will you be doing?
- Manage and develop all regional MSLs including hiring,
training, coaching, evaluating, and motivating in alignment with
Acceleron's corporate strategies and objectives. Provide leadership
to achieve excellent team operational results.
- Participate actively as a member of the Field Medical
Leadership team in strategic planning, metrics development, plan
execution and reporting oversight, continuing to broaden the
organizational impact and the scope of the Field Medical
- Be accountable for aligning regional strategies with national
Field Medical strategies.
- Oversee and critically manage external stakeholders engagement
strategies, including key institute engagement plan, Center of
Excellence, HCPs engagement plan, payer, and patient advocacy
organization. Offer key insights to improve and adjust MSL
engagement tactical plan over time.
- Lead and support internal Medical Affairs projects, such as
advisory boards, medical roundtable, speaker training, CME
programs, Phase 4 Studies, ISS program, special scientific slide
development for regulatory needs, etc.
- Partner with clinical and medical operations' teams to
coordinate research support for sites/investigators, participate in
company sponsored clinical trials, accelerate recruitment, and
enhance study retentions.
- Attend medical/scientific meetings to represent Field Medical
Affairs and synthesize medical insight to enhance program
- Facilitate the communication of the medical community opinions,
insights and feedbacks on new data, clinical trends, and the
evolving PAH landscape to internal stakeholders in order to enhance
scientific understanding and internal strategies.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on sotatercept and Acceleron's
- Promote teamwork, trust, and respect. Embrace Acceleron's
culture and Core Values and exhibit leadership commitment.
- Work closely with the Senior National Director to ensure future
staffing by cultivating a talent pool, actively support the
existing field medical team by being their advocate and
spokesperson, promoting collaboration and cohesion within the
- Conduct 1:1 meetings with MSLs in your region as well as
quarterly field visits, delivering observations and providing
- Partner with Medical Training to ensure material quality and
execute training programs to develop MSLs.
- Ensure MSL compliance and adherence to company policies and
What are we looking for?
You will possess the following capabilities and
- PharmD, MD or PhD in life sciences
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in industry, 3-5 years in
Field Medical Affairs leadership position
- Demonstrated track record of mentoring/coaching MSLs, effective
leadership skills (by example and through accomplishments), and
ability to lead a field team and step forward to handle challenges
within scope of authority
- Previous leadership and launch experiences are strongly
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications
- Ability to manage shifting priorities in a rapidly changing
- Working knowledge of US-specific legal, regulatory, and
compliance regulations and guidelines
- Overnight business travel of up to 50-60% domestically may be
Keywords: Acceleron Pharma, Cambridge , Regional Director, Field Medical Affairs - West, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!