Sr Technical Research Assistant - Cellular Biology
Company: Brigham and Women's Hospital
Posted on: June 12, 2021
GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Working very independently, performs non-routine, highly
specialized experimental procedures.
Participates in the design and modification of research
protocols. Composes and may present sections of research reports
and manuscripts. Performs advanced data analysis using advanced
statistical techniques. Coordinates lab activities and undertakes
quality assurance programs. Supervises lab staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently performs a variety of routine tests following
established methodologies including tumor implantation and ex-vivo
cellular analysis in autoimmune diseases and tumor models.
- Required to undertake western blot, immunoprecipitations, Flow
cytometry and transcriptional analysis.
- Undertakes animal breeding, genotyping and immunization of
- Prepares and maintains tissue cultures.
- Records data, summarizes, and analyzes results using basic
- Prepares laboratory reagents, chemicals, instruments, and
- Maintains supplies and inventory in accordance with
- Discusses progress of work on a daily basis with
- All other duties, as assigned.
- BS in biological/physical science or related field.
- Requires minimum of 5 years of directly related progressively
more responsible experience.
- High degree of computer literacy.
- Sound analytical and organizational skills.
- Requires good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to logically and effectively structure tasks and
- Ability to identify potential problems and troubleshoot
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data statistically and to
logically present it.
- Must have a broad knowledge of scientific principles,
biological structures, and laboratory techniques.
- Must have sound interpersonal skills and the ability to
- Will be working with mice.
- Normal laboratory environment.
- May be working, under safe conditions, with radioisotopes and
other hazardous materials.
Responsible for supervising staff including hiring, terminating
employment, evaluating and disciplining. Will orient and train new
Keywords: Brigham and Women's Hospital, Cambridge , Sr Technical Research Assistant - Cellular Biology, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!