Posted on: June 12, 2021
Vericel Corporation, a leader in advanced therapies for the
sports medicine and severe burn care markets, has an exciting new
opportunity for a high performing Material Handler professional
looking to join and contribute to a high growth Biotech/Medtech
company with multiple Cell Therapy products on the market as well
as a strong balance sheet. Reporting directly to the Supervisor,
Materials at Vericel, this is a great opportunity to join an
exciting and fast growing $2 Billion+ market cap life sciences
company with a talented team of professionals who are committed to
improving the lives of the patients we serve.
Responsible for maintaining an uninterrupted supply of materials
for the manufacture of cell therapy products.
Responsible for the stocking of materials to support the
manufacture of commercial cell therapy products meeting internal
and regulatory requirements.
- Master core responsibilities of a Materials Technician
- Receive and distribute all Quality Controlled inspected and
non-Quality Control inventoried material and general goods received
at the Vericel site.
- Independently perform material receipt and shipment.
- Execute transactions in Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP)
ERP (enterprise resource planning) system independently or with
- Maintains inventory control in ERP system by performing system
transactions at time of material receipt, storage and
- Completes material In-Transit Requests within ERP system for
material deliveries from Third Party off-site storage
- Assist in preparation of inventory sales order fulfillment
process and end of day closing activities.
- Perform material labeling activities supporting Manufacturing
Execution Systems (MES); also referred to as EBR (electronic batch
- Performs routine inventory cycle counts including media.
- Participates in scheduled annual physical inventory
- May interact with various groups (e.g., Customer Care,
Facilities & Engineering, Finance, Manufacturing, Quality
Operations, R&D, and third-party logistics providers (3PL)) on
material requests and receipt transactions.
- Maintenance of material staging area.
- May assist in providing on the job training to employees.
- May be assigned on-call responsibility.
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business
according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to
continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of
all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable
regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as
our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and
a company respected for the quality of its people and
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting
responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising
sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- GED, High school diploma or equivalent with 2 - 5 years of
experience working in a cGMP environment in the biotech or
pharmaceutical industry or equivalent.
- Familiarity with MS Office.
- Experience in high volume and fast-paced materials and
- Experience working in warehouse environments.
- Experience within a regulated environment that is frequently
audited by FDA, ISO and other internal and external Agencies.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to gown and gain entry to manufacturing areas.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time while
performing physical duties.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work 1 weekend day.
- Rotating holiday coverage.
Keywords: Vericel, Cambridge , Materials Handler, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!