Sr Financial Analyst
Company: Forrester Research, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients,
colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity
powers progress. Forresterites brings a diversity of opinions and
the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and
initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted
advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at
the nexus of what's next.
About This Role:
The Senior Financial Analyst helps business leaders understand
the major trends influencing Forrester's financial results. The
Senior Financial Analyst leads or contributes meaningfully to the
following key FP&A processes for their assigned business
- Partnership with business leaders and maintenance of a
productive relationship that ensures visibility and understanding
of key financial and business drivers and facilitates fluid,
- Maintenance of long-range forecast and drive completion of
annual budget for bookings, revenue, and expenses.
- Accounting close and quality control review of financial
results, including analysis of bookings (sales), revenue, and
expenses as appropriate.
- Monthly management financial review, including slide deck
preparation and presentation of variance analysis and commentary of
results compared with plan and prior year to business unit and
- Monthly roll of forecast update in collaboration with business
unit leaders, including analysis and commentary on risks,
opportunities, and actionable course correction
- Weekly resource planning process that optimize available people
and non-people resources.
- Administration of FP&A planning system and processes
related to monthly close and management reporting.
- Evolution of financial models and processes for continuous
efficiency and quality improvement.
- Special projects such as strategic planning, business case
preparation, external benchmarking, M&A support, etc.
- A bachelor's degree in business; an MBA or a postgraduate
degree is a plus.
- A minimum of five years' experience; success in public midsize
services businesses and/or subscription revenue models is
- A solid understanding of database structure (CRM, data
warehouse, ERP, etc.); proficiency with cloud-based planning
platforms and Anaplan modeling is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (analyzing large data sets,
financial modeling, etc.).
- A polished professional with excellent presentation and
- An effective team player with deep sense of independent
thinking, urgency, and commitment to quality within a fast-paced
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity
for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status,
genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other
status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals
with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to
Keywords: Forrester Research, Inc., Cambridge , Sr Financial Analyst, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!