Senior Product Designer, Reporting
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We are searching for a thoughtful and passionate product
designer with the ability to translate business needs into customer
experiences to join an impactful group that builds experiences for
HubSpot's customers to track and meet their goals.
Your work will have a major impact on how our customers prove
their value to themselves and iterate towards success. This team
represents a new business initiative at HubSpot that will require
collaboration with design and product leaders throughout the
company. We value designers who can not only deliver great
experiences with their team, but also communicate vision, decisions
and influence the broader product team. Your ability to design for
a system, while solving for a specific problem will make you
successful in this role. As part of our Reporting Product Group,
you'll work directly with designers, product managers and engineers
who are passionate about solving for the customer.
We are looking for people who:
- Effectively make tradeoffs between system designs and point
- Love partnering with engineers, product managers, writers, and
researchers to frame problems and iteratively ship solutions
- Fluently organize information and create data-supported design
strategies to provide an intuitive, scalable user experience that
can be seamlessly adopted by multiple stakeholder groups
- Are strong at communicating direction and design value through
writing, presentations, and visualizing solutions on a spectrum
from abstract to concrete
- Demonstrate facilitation skills and the ability to work with
senior stakeholders in multiple groups to secure buy-in
- Are deliberate and effective about over-communicating the major
trade-offs between design concepts and influencing your partners
along the way
- Can partner with researchers (or lead yourself) on studies that
impact strategy and problem framing with methods that go beyond
usability testing and concept validation
HOW DO WE DESIGN?
Design at HubSpot is both grounded in experience design
fundamentals and a deep belief that small autonomous teams are the
best way to get excellent work in customer's hands.
- We value solving for the customer above all else
- We give each designer the responsibility and ownership to chart
the course for their designs throughout the product and across
teams. We don't do sign-offs and burdensome documentation.
- We respect user research and content and work cooperatively
with them while designing
- We carefully lead and maintain a high-functioning,
usability-centered design system and design language with our
- We're embedded on small teams with engineers and product
managers in sane sustainable ratios
- Learn more about our Design Philosophy: Design System
Senior Product Designer
Our Designers are embedded on Product teams. Your goal will be
to create simple and powerful reporting experiences that enable our
customers to be more successful deriving insights from their data
within HubSpot. This is an important role and has serious,
measurable business impact. We're looking for UX designers excited
to gain more autonomy in their work.
- Partner closely with product management and engineering leads
to establish objectives, and key results for their product
- Own responsibility for balancing speed, quality and consistency
of design alongside objectives that provide significant impact on
the customer experience
- Deeply understand the customer problem and use data and
research to inform your design decisions
- Articulate your design strategy through both written, verbal
and visual touchpoints
- Deliver wireframes, system mapping, and polished visual UI
- Break complex concepts into smaller, more manageable
- Provides thoughtful feedback to team design critiques
- Build lasting relationships across the organization, including
cross-product design teams, engineering, product management, and
the broader business
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced tech
Top candidates will have
- Ability to articulate design decisions and ask tough questions
to help surface and challenge assumptions. The word "why" comes out
of your mouth at least once in every conversation
- Open communication style that makes it easy to give and receive
feedback with the goal of becoming better at what you do and
helping the people around you become more successful
- A deep understanding of how to improve the ease of use of
complex software, object-orientated design, information
architecture, interaction and visual design
- You are first and foremost a systems thinker with a strong
drive to dig into technically complex product areas to understand
the broader system impacting the customer's experience and use
those insights to inform your design thinking
- Experience working closely and collaboratively with developers
and product managers in a fast-paced environment. Teamwork is
central to how you get work done and you know how to build strong
- Experience with designing reporting, analytics, or data
visualization products or designing for sales, marketing or
customer support teams is a plus.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the
way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don't hesitate to
apply - we'd love to hear from you.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship
management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to
help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service,
and website management products that start free and scale to meet
our customers' needs at any stage of growth. We're also building a
company culture that empowers people to do their best work through.
If that sounds like something you'd like to be part of, we'd love
to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot
Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our
commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too.
Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named
the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been
recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work,
Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded
in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in
HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn
more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may
collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization
planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains
what personal information we may process, where we may process your
personal information, our purposes for processing your personal
information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot's use of
your personal information.
Keywords: HubSpot, Cambridge , Senior Product Designer, Reporting, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!