Research Associate II /Associate Scientist I, Biology
Company: Acceleron Pharma
Posted on: June 12, 2021
What's in it for you?
We are seeking a talented and motivated Research Associate to
join the Translational and Exploratory Biology Group in Acceleron's
discovery department. The primary responsibility for this position
will be conducting bioanalytical assays and development of
biomarker assays to support late-stage preclinical studies and
their transition to clinical studies. The successful candidate will
have a strong background in biological sciences and be technically
skilled in protein/mRNA analysis. Experience or willingness to
learn in vivo rodent techniques is also required. Passion for
science, attention to detail and a desire to learn new techniques
are a must.
What will you be doing?
- Execute studies to evaluate biomarker expression in
pre-clinical and clinical samples using techniques such as qPCR and
immunoassays (ELISA, MSD, Luminex)
- Perform routine and non-routine analytical testing of study
- Assist in in vivo procedures and sample harvesting and
processing following established methodologies.
- Assist in maintaining general laboratory functionality,
including lab equipment maintenance, and ordering and receipt of
- Maintain clear, accurate written records of laboratory
procedures, results and diligent and timely documentation of
experiments in ELN and reports.
- Communicate findings with internal and external teams/partners
in a clear and concise manner.
What are we looking for?
- B.S/M.S in biological sciences or related discipline such as
Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or Genetics
- 1+ years of research experience in an industrial or academic
- Experience in protein/nucleic acids analysis techniques,
including ELISA and qPCR.
- Ability to perform assays independently and troubleshoot assays
with direction of supervisor(s)/project leader(s)
- Cell/tissue culture and flow cytometry are a plus.
- Must be flexible, open to new tasks and challenges and able to
work on tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
How will you grow with us?
Our team works passionately to contribute to the cutting-edge
science at Acceleron. In this role, you will be challenged to
develop and innovate daily by supportive team members and a dynamic
company culture. If you are looking to be a part of a motivated,
fun team where you can explore innovative ideas and mentor one
another along the way, then this could be a great fit for you!
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be
required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United
States and complete the required employment eligibility
verification document form upon hire.
- Recruiters - please do not send unsolicited resumes to this
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO:
Keywords: Acceleron Pharma, Cambridge , Research Associate II /Associate Scientist I, Biology, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!