Cloud Solutions Architect
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd
Posted on: June 12, 2021
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company
that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Cloud
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry
through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led
company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their
potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top
Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and
strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive,
collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an
unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter
Future to people around the world.
As a Cloud Solution Architect working on the Enterprise Cloud
Services architecture team, you will be empowered to design,
develop, and enable the enterprise cloud platform - one application
pattern at a time. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda's
mission by leading the development and adoption of cloud solution
architectures that align to architecture principles and best
practices as well as business needs.
- Support migration of applications to the AWS cloud platform,
leveraging centralized cloud platform services to provide technical
acceleration and value for Takeda's patient communities.
- Consulting and customer-obsession : establish strong
relationships with Takeda IT project and product teams, aligning
objectives with cloud platform strategic objectives.
- Create and sustain reference architecture patterns which can be
reused to accelerate adoption of cloud native approaches.
- Enable cloud platform engineering and operational teams as well
as application owners / project teams to move application workloads
from on-premise to cloud through appropriate review and guidance
- Contribute to the production-ready architectural design of
Takeda business applications, focusing on IaaS / PaaS designs in
alignment with Takeda's cloud policies, standards, guidelines and
- Guide junior cloud solution architects work
- Drive application workloads to use well architected principles,
optimized cloud-native patterns, and non-negotiable guardrails
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of cloud
architecture principles, standards, blueprints, patterns, and
reference architectures / implementation which enable improved
business outcomes from cloud
- Enable project teams, IT engineering and operations teams to
solve problems specific to business applications;
- Use in-dept knowledge and experience with Cloud Architecture,
design, data, system thinking and standards to advise product teams
on best practices for cloud design.
- From time to time, report on the state Takeda cloud workloads
in a specific domain
EDUCATION, COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis or a
related study, or equivalent experience.
- 5 + years of experience spanning multiple IT disciplines,
including technical architecture, network management, application
development, middleware, database management or operations.
- Experience as a solutions architect and consultant strongly
- Strong "soft skills" and communication skills
- Experience with AWS, Azure, OpenShift and VMWare public/private
cloud implementations; carries relevant certifications such as AWS
Solution Architect Associate - or able to rapidly certify.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing
environments in a globally distributed organization.
- Strong understanding of network architecture, security
practices and application development methodologies.
- Experience working in a life sciences environment and/or
familiarity with Takeda strongly preferred
- Experience working in an agile environment strongly
This job posting excludes CO applicants
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd, Cambridge , Cloud Solutions Architect, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!