Senior Project Manager BWH NEUROLOGY / KUCHROO LAB
Company: Brigham and Women's Hospital
Posted on: June 12, 2021
GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Functions independently, strategizing primarily with the
Principal Investigator (with a dotted line to Departmental
Administrator), responsible for all aspects of project direction
and administration. Responsible for the day-to-day operation as
well as working with the PI to strategize for longer term issues,
responsible for all activities related to development of
interinstitutional research interactions and laboratory research
work of multiple investigators at the Evergrande Center for
Immunologic Diseases. Responsible for executing on a daily basis
the procedural, managerial and policy decisions made for the
multiple studies and research work. Participates in all decisions
made for the studies and identifies modifications of existing
policies and procedures. Has responsibility for the financial
management of the study. Responsible for budget oversight and
participates in grant writing and proposals. Has direct management
responsibility of personnel and research projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all aspects of project direction and
administration, coordination and implementation of research design
process and study protocol at multiple sites.
- On a daily basis, executes the procedural, managerial, and
policy decisions made for the studies.
- Participates in all decisions made for the studies and the
formulation of policies and procedures.
- Identifies modifications needed and works to implement
- Responsible for coordinating animal research for the
- Responsible for the oversight of all supplies, equipment, and
- Serves as the primary contact for outside vendors utilized to
ensure efficient operation of the study.
- Participates in grant writing and proposal.
- Participates in preparing project reports for the NIH and other
- Responsible for ensuring on-going IACUC/IRB approvals for the
- Directly responds to inquiries regarding study protocol and
policy. Serves as liaison to internal and external population.
Serves as spokesperson for the study, when needed.
- Ensures on-going data integrity of study by overseeing data
collection and recording function.
- Responsible for the fiscal solvency of the research operation.
Makes projections, prepares
- financial and project reports and oversees budget.
- Responsible for all HR issues on project. Oversees hiring,
firing, evaluation, discipline,
- training and orientation of all staff. Has overall
responsibility for supervision.
- All other duties as assigned.
- MS Required.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively more responsible experience
in a research related field. Prior supervisory experience
- Prior experience with financial management and data collection
- Strong organizational skills to formulate and complete vigorous
timetables and meet the complex financial restrictions of the
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Strong database management and computer skills.
- Must be able to make independent effective decisions in
- Excellent judgment and ability to interpret information and
- Knowledge of NIH contract procedures and funding.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets and perform complex
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to
supervise others effectively.
- Each area should include working conditions specific to
position. Please also include any specific physical requirements -
lifting, bending, etc.
- Responsible for the overall supervision of study staff
including hiring, firing, evaluating and disciplining. Will orient
and train new staff members.
Keywords: Brigham and Women's Hospital, Cambridge , Senior Project Manager BWH NEUROLOGY / KUCHROO LAB, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!