6,000! That's the number of associates with Novartis Institutes
for BioMedical Research (NIBR). This division is the innovation
engine of Novartis, focusing on powerful new technologies that have
the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for
The Senior Scientist I is a highly technical, specialized
professional position responsible for organizing and driving on
study surgical collaboration and leading surgical trainings. High
quality and consistent outcome on surgeries, clear and decisive
surgical training, and study design/implementation with research
staff within our multi-building, multi-discipline research program
are accomplished. Supplemental tasks in assisting the Manager,
study design & operational implementation, and other delegated
programmatic oversight duties as specified are performed.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to;
- Principally responsible for daily, hands-on technical in vivo
surgical collaboration (i.e. on study surgeon).
- Often responsible for daily, in vivo surgical training (i.e.
provide surgical training to trainee)
- Often responsible for quality control and team development
- Routinely responsible for managing assigned surgical
collaboration and liaising regularly with assigned research
- Routinely responsible for pursuing and providing
learning/professional development opportunities,
enhancing/expanding skill set, and reviewing LAS
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all institutional and
regulatory protocols, policies, and guidelines
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be required.
What you'll bring to the role;
- 4-year Science degree, or an equivalent combination of
experience along with higher education are required.
- Minimum of 7+ experience in a surgical skills tract laboratory
animal program required.
- LATg Certification desirable or pursued after start.
- Excellent mathematic & compound dose/volume administration
- Superior written and oral communication and data documentation
- Strong knowledge of applicable scientific areas of focus.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, local (Animal Welfare)
laws, Departmental SOP's and Good Laboratory Practices.
- Thorough understanding and comprehension of operational facts,
techniques, nomenclature, equipment, theories, etc. as they relate
specifically to job performance function in the laboratory animal
799 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while
we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and
technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how
can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and
collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring
environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power
of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by
taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share
your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We
are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the
patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an
inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through
collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your
experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn
more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis
Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network